Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SCD/Gadget rebirth?

With the patent gone, it wouldn't surprise me, if at some point Glock started it as a factory option. Seems to me that it would be a value proposition to law enforcement clients.

Quote Originally Posted by beenalongtime View Post
    With the patent gone, it wouldn't surprise me, if at some point Glock started it as a factory option. Seems to me that it would be a value proposition to law enforcement clients.
    That seems very logical so don't expect Glock to ever do it.

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post

There is literally no downside to the SCD, other than the nominal monetary expense (which in the grand scheme of how much most of us on this forum spend on gun stuff is frankly trivial…)
    Truer words have seldom been spoken, both points.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Observation - I've never seen a SCD user angry because someone else didn't see the value in the SCD but I've seen a lot of SCD critics / naysayers show disdain or irritation towards those that see value in the SCD.

It reminds me of a pretty good definition of anger I heard a while back... "anger is being pissed because everyone doesn't think like you do."

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Because in cars it isn't always about you. Sometimes some else runs into you. With a gun its all you. Know yourself, know the gun, know your gear and buy accordingly.

I don't have collapsible holsters, I don't own any piece of clothing with draw strings lower than the hoody. I always look and lift my shirt/sweater up when re holstering. I don't see a point to them for me. IF God forbid I have to pull it for self defense I ain't putting it anywhere until either the cops show up or the bad guy is super obviously dead. Like fell off a cliff, walked into spinning propeller blades, or fell head first into a working wood chipper...obvious

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I've seen a non-zero number of people with new holes in them, occasionally fatal, and I'm sure they were equally sure of their infallibility prior to material evidence to the contrary. I'm not infallible nor do I have a crystal ball as to what my next lethal force encounter will look like, so I'll continue to use the SCD on my Glocks. If the SCD did not exist, I'd be back to carrying a hammer fired Sig.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

To elaborate, people get scenarios in their head where they just get to hold the gun scanning alertly until the cops show up and stuff just doesn't always work out like that.

What did it for me was the prospect of running away and having to jump a fence. Is that going to come up? I doubt it but I don't get to pick when I have to scoot and where the fences are. I do get to pick adding an element of safety to reholstering under stress.

The tribe has spoken.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I've seen a non-zero number of people with new holes in them, occasionally fatal, and I'm sure they were equally sure of their infallibility prior to material evidence to the contrary. I'm not infallible nor do I have a crystal ball as to what my next lethal force encounter will look like, so I'll continue to use the SCD on my Glocks. If the SCD did not exist, I'd be back to carrying a hammer fired Sig.
    Same could be said for revolvers. The people who put holes in themselves is non-zero. The only zero is a gun without ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by MickAK View Post
    To elaborate, people get scenarios in their head where they just get to hold the gun scanning alertly until the cops show up and stuff just doesn't always work out like that.

What did it for me was the prospect of running away and having to jump a fence. Is that going to come up? I doubt it but I don't get to pick when I have to scoot and where the fences are. I do get to pick adding an element of safety to reholstering under stress.
    I'm not sure about all the alert scanning but if I'm involved in a self defense scenario I'm not going to be holstering and unholstering. When I hear sirens close by remove the mag and chambered round, put it on the car or ground step away with my hands visible.

As for getting some scenario...I don't know where I'd be running to or what fences I'll be jumping over. I can't think of one place I go that has a fence. Even most neighbors here don't have fencing. And if I'm jumping over some guys backyard fence 3 streets down I'm not in a self defense situation....why am I even in his backyard?

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Same could be said for revolvers. The people who put holes in themselves is non-zero. The only zero is a gun without ammo.

I'm not sure about all the alert scanning but if I'm involved in a self defense scenario I'm not going to be holstering and unholstering. When I hear sirens close by remove the mag and chambered round, put it on the car or ground step away with my hands visible.

As for getting some scenario...I don't know where I'd be running to or what fences I'll be jumping over. I can't think of one place I go that has a fence. Even most neighbors here don't have fencing. And if I'm jumping over some guys backyard fence 3 streets down I'm not in a self defense situation....why am I even in his backyard?

Because shit happens.

Here's a more realistic one. Somebody opens fire and your wife gets hit. You return fire and the gunman disappears behind cover. You don't know if he's coming back. You need to help your wife to cover, apply a TQ and be prepared to use your gun again if the gunman returns. Now you have to reholster with slippery bloody hands, in a hurry, while shook up. Or leave it on the floor.

'I'll never have to reholster' is short-sighted.

I swear it’s like we went back to 2013 or so with these arguments from 4RNR

We get it, it’s not for you. Your point is made, now can everyone else discuss the SCD rebirth if that’s ok with you?

User Tag List