Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: SCD/Gadget rebirth?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    If it's in the same ballpark price wise, I'd buy that. Otherwise there are sketchy copies on ebay, which may or may not be better than previous counterfeit junk. Bottom line is no one who bought the originals is willing to part with them.
    Wonder what the results are with these copies. I’m not too keen on trying them.

Still, it’s quarter one of 2022, so maybe we will hear something.

Ugg the Ebay one is made from aluminum, instead of stainless steel. Not sure that is a good idea
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    If it's in the same ballpark price wise, I'd buy that. Otherwise there are sketchy copies on ebay, which may or may not be better than previous counterfeit junk. Bottom line is no one who bought the originals is willing to part with them.
    Not true. I have a friend who has a few spares. He got them during a Black Friday sale because he was going to have a few more glocks milled for red dots. Then he switched to the sig p365 and still has these SCDs. I suggested he list them for sale and he said he might eventually get back into glocks and then he’d never be able to buy them again. I said he could probably make a lot of profit and he doesn’t want to be an asshole to sell the SCDs he got on discount for a huge markup. So basically he’d rather them sit in his parts box because he won’t sell them for the $50 he paid for them in case he needs them, and he won’t list them for $200 or whatever because then he’d be an asshole scalper in his words.

I bet if a few people put some spares on eBay with auction listing and the final bid went for crazy money like $300, then it would encourage others who have some spares to say, screw it, let’s see what I can get at auctions and maybe the next one only sells for $250 and then someone else posts and it goes for $200. That’s how rare collectibles work. Someone posts one, it exceeds expectations enough to surprise everyone else to say “yeah, I’d take $200 for mine” and then supply goes up and prices stabilize maybe for this item around $150 to $200.

It shouldn’t be a rare collectible, but it is unfortunately.

Same thing happened with the AAC 51T muzzle devices. They just got remanufactured but for a few years they were out of stock, company bankrupt, and people were selling them on eBay and gunbroker for $300. Up from $90 retail. Why? Because if you had a spare, there’s no way you’d be willing to part with it for retail. If you can’t replace it. So the market decided to entice people to sell their spares, it’s be $300 each.

I think the SCD community is less scalperish and assholish than gun people in general so I suspect people like my friend who have spares, feel bad to list for $300 even though they’d probably take $300, but they feel bad asking that much and rather just sit on it just in case.
    Last edited by Sanch; 02-04-2022 at 02:10 AM.

Site Supporter
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....4-Announcement

I have given, completely free and without consideration, my drawings, CAD files, and manufacturing contacts to two different groups that have expressed interest in continuing to produce and develop the striker control device.
    I’ve got two small kids and have a career. But, he gave his business away. At this point if one of these two groups can package these, market these, and do some QA then he gave the way to get these made away as well.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Same thing happened with the AAC 51T muzzle devices. They just got remanufactured but for a few years they were out of stock, company bankrupt, and people were selling them on eBay and gunbroker for $300. Up from $90 retail. Why? Because if you had a spare, there’s no way you’d be willing to part with it for retail. If you can’t replace it. So the market decided to entice people to sell their spares, it’s be $300 each.
    As an aside, I recently bought three of the AAC51t muzzle devices for $90 each.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....lert&p=1295847

So if you need one in 1/2-28, I can help.

I’ll bet there are people like your friend that would sell their gadgets at nominal to the right people (like close friends).

Site Supporter

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Great news - just bought 2.

https://langdontactical.com/ltt-stri...ol-device-scd/

Glad to see this.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Awesome! Just ordered 2.

Site Supporter
    BTW, has anyone tried a SCD with a G44?

User Tag List