Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: SCD/Gadget rebirth?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    The tribe has spoken.
    So mote it be.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Larry T View Post
    Observation - I've never seen a SCD user angry because someone else didn't see the value in the SCD but I've seen a lot of SCD critics / naysayers show disdain or irritation towards those that see value in the SCD.

It reminds me of a pretty good definition of anger I heard a while back... "anger is being pissed because everyone doesn't think like you do."
    Reminds me of something non-gun related that’s been in the news a lot this last year.

two pages but no new news. sigh. If I had the drawings I'd just give em to my buddies shop, see what it would cost to make em
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavex View Post
    two pages but no new news. sigh. If I had the drawings I'd just give em to my buddies shop, see what it would cost to make em

They really area must for me if I am going to carry a Glock. Like you, I wish anyone who is competent with decent QC would start making them.

I only have one friend outside if this forum who uses SCDs. Apparently he bought a handful of extra ones for future builds that doesn’t need. But he’s not going to list them for sale because what if he needs them in the future and they never make a a comeback? And so of course everything has a price, I asked why he doesn’t list for a crazy price on eBay or gunbroker and he said he doesn’t want to be an asshole.

So I don’t know if he’s more of an asshole to sit on a half dozen of these he will probably never use and his wife will throw out when he dies eventually since they look like spare junk parts. Or would he be more of an asshole to list them for crazy money on an auction site and compensate him for the “just in case he wants them” hypothetical future?

He’s either price gouging or he’s hoarding! Because he sure as shit isn’t going to sell them for what he paid, he’d rather sit on them.

The world is weird, my friends.

Site Supporter
    I own Glocks but no gadgets. I wish I did. Severe arthritis has made me stumble around when I walk. Because of this clumsiness I no longer carry a Glock. I choose to carry double action only revolvers or certain pistols having a thumb safety or decocker. If I did shoot a person in a defense situation, I would reholster my weapon. My holster is always covered by a garment.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I only have one friend outside if this forum who uses SCDs. Apparently he bought a handful of extra ones for future builds that doesn’t need. But he’s not going to list them for sale because what if he needs them in the future and they never make a a comeback? And so of course everything has a price, I asked why he doesn’t list for a crazy price on eBay or gunbroker and he said he doesn’t want to be an asshole.

So I don’t know if he’s more of an asshole to sit on a half dozen of these he will probably never use and his wife will throw out when he dies eventually since they look like spare junk parts. Or would he be more of an asshole to list them for crazy money on an auction site and compensate him for the “just in case he wants them” hypothetical future?

He’s either price gouging or he’s hoarding! Because he sure as shit isn’t going to sell them for what he paid, he’d rather sit on them.

The world is weird, my friends.
    I don’t see a problem in his hanging on to a few - I have a spare for my next build, and could use another. I’m more likely to swap some of my existing Gen1-4s for Gen5.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The first rule of gadget hoarding is to not talk about your gadget hoarding.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    The first rule of gadget hoarding is to not talk about your gadget hoarding.
    I think I have 40 -- is that hoarding or just good planning?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I think I have 40 -- is that hoarding or just good planning?
    Just bragging.

There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List