Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: From Production to Carry Optics

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I predict Production will return over the next few years. It's still the best game, IMO.
    And men will go back to always wearing hats in public...

(Sorry, I also had one of those I’m not with “it” anymore moments today when I realized that some of our younger employees didn’t understand the meaning of “10-4” in a text message)

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    I’ve not, but I suspect that it’s partly due to how new it is.
    I have four PDP pistols, all with optics. The most active one is about 5,000 rounds and climbing through a SRO on a Chip Wiz plate. When should I expect my optic to fly off?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I have four PDP pistols, all with optics. The most active one is about 5,000 rounds and climbing through a SRO on a Chip Wiz plate. When should I expect my optic to fly off?
    Is PDP optic system different from PPQ's?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Is PDP optic system different from PPQ's?
    Technically, the PPQ doesn't have an optic system. The Q5 match and Q4/Q5 SF share the same optic system, and it is different than the PDP. The PDP has a very low cut optic system, where the other system is well engineered and stout but sits up high.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No clue. I was hoping you’d be able to tell me. All I’m observing is that they’re still technically new to the market and I’ve not heard much at this point. If they’re holding up that well for you, then that’s awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If USPSA would open up production to magazines greater than 10 rounds it would thrive again.
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Seriously doubtful. As much as I like manual transmission cars, they’re just not coming back.

Limited minor soaks up a bunch of those people and if production was high cap all it would do is shuffle deck chairs from limited.
    As I was jammed up in traffic last Saturday with my 3 pedal car, even a die hard fan of the millennial anti theft device knows this is the last one for me (at least as a daily driver).

Back to carry optics, why not make the optic optional like it was in the beginning?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Seriously doubtful. As much as I like manual transmission cars, they’re just not coming back.

Limited minor soaks up a bunch of those people and if production was high cap all it would do is shuffle deck chairs from limited.
    I agree, at my small local match a lot of limited shooters are shooting production guns with greater than 10 round mags. The only reason they/we are shooting limited is because of the 10 round magazine rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post

Back to carry optics, why not make the optic optional like it was in the beginning?
    Because you can just as easily go shoot Limited Minor. You’re just picking a different “handicap”.

Site Supporter
    Who would have predicted that production would basically become L10 minor?

Not me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Who would have predicted that production would basically become L10 minor?

Not me.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    When you’ve got a BoD filled with complacent fudds you get sweeping rules changes pushed through at the drop of a hat without proper testing and vetting. Because who wants to go through the work of actually checking to see if what you want to change is actually a good idea for the sport or not?

I get why Carry Optics was created. I don’t get why the BoD couldn’t see how dumb it was to basically make it “Poor Man’s Open” and then subsequently not even half-assedly attempted to toss Production a bone by making it a neutered L10 Minor division. Naturally I made zero changes to my equipment because none of the changes actually make you better at shooting. But that doesn’t keep other people from spending gobs of money for rules changes because “oooooh, shiny!”.

If Production had even half the participation that it had two years ago today, I wouldn’t be complaining at all. Now it’s basically in the same position as Single Stack and seen as something that either will or should be axed because it’s old and busted and we have too many divisions. I just want to play the damn game with a set of hardware I don’t have to constantly upgrade for a while in a division that has respectable participation in for a proper Apples to Apples comparison. Yes yes, I can simply look at the Overall standings and ignore that there’s only like 6 other people at my local clubs that are still in Production and then poke fun at all the CO guys I smash by shooting Production. But why do that when I can smash even more CO guys by using similar hardware and do fewer standing reloads because everyone else is using 140mm mags?

User Tag List