Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From Production to Carry Optics

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I predict Production will return over the next few years. It's still the best game, IMO.
    Revo is making a comeback too! That’s where the real hardcore purists are!

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Revo is making a comeback too! That’s where the real hardcore purists are!
    I heard a rumor USPSA is selling the Production, Revolver and Limited ten divisions to IDPA.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Interesting trends to be sure. Here’s the registration breakdown for the match YVK and I shot in this past weekend.

It’s pretty obvious what division enjoys the greatest participation- this has been even more pronounced at matches at my home club.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Two for M&P CORE. Not bad.

PDP maybe, but the optics mounting seems iffy with only having the two screws be the only support for the mounting plate?

I know the Legion is all the rage. Had SIG not SIG’d everywhere all over that platform I would be all about it too. But they did, so I won’t. Even if it had the option of a thumb safety, which it doesn’t.
    I am familiar with optic mount failures with Glock, CZ, M&P and other pistols. Comes with the territory.

I haven't heard of a single PDP optic mount failure -- have you?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I heard a rumor USPSA is selling the Production, Revolver and Limited ten divisions to IDPA.
    I spent this year shooting IDPA instead of USPSA for a bunch of reasons. CO is the overwhelming choice there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am familiar with optic mount failures with Glock, CZ, M&P and other pistols. Comes with the territory.

I haven't heard of a single PDP optic mount failure -- have you?
    I’ve not, but I suspect that it’s partly due to how new it is.

You’re limited in your optic choices with the 92.

If not p320 I’d look at the new p10 or Canik. You can set up two Caniks for the price of 1 RDO 92 (minus optics).

The aftermarket on the 92 is kinda limited compared to other gamer guns.

Not to thread drift too much but production is dead here.
    Name:  97DD192A-4BE7-4BC1-BAE6-C71C987C33A7.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  22.5 KB

Site Supporter
    If USPSA would open up production to magazines greater than 10 rounds it would thrive again.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    If USPSA would open up production to magazines greater than 10 rounds it would thrive again.
    Seriously doubtful. As much as I like manual transmission cars, they’re just not coming back.

Limited minor soaks up a bunch of those people and if production was high cap all it would do is shuffle deck chairs from limited.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Cheap, durable red dots, and factory capable guns have changed the landscape. Even places like upstate NY, CO/OPEN are still the dominate divisions.

User Tag List