Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mag reloading devices for Handguns - 9mm

Site Supporter

Mag reloading devices for Handguns - 9mm

Reloading mags is a pain. I tend to reload load enough for an entire match but sometimes (as in an intensive class) you need to reload out there. I shoot a Glock 9mm or 1911 in matches (the 22's have their own gadgets).

Thus, I use a UpLULA® for both calibers. They work just fine but need to have a solid base to work - a table or your leg (annoying).

A guy at the last match was using a SPEED BEEZ® Magazine Loader for 9mm PCC Glock® Mags 17,18,19. Interesting gadget, sort of a lever action gadget which you can hold in your hand and not need a base.

Results - it works just fine for Glock mags. However, it seized up on Magpuls. It would load one or two and then that was it. Can't see the reason why.

It's also limited to 9mm, but it's a useful gadget for the Glock mags.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I saw this product in the latest Brownell's email

https://www.brownells.com/gear/range...1_08_9Reloaded

Here is the Speed Beez

https://www.speedbeez.com/product/sp...gazine-loader/

It's good to see the video to understand how it works. Watching it I wondered how much hand size, for range of motion, and hand strength come into play using this.

We're UpLULA fans. I had to grab a mag and load it to see what I do. I brace the bottom of the mag on my upper thigh if I don't have a table or something. My wife braces the bottom of the mag against her stomach/belt buckle area.

Site Supporter
    I have no problem with hand strength and it runs just fine with Glock mags. The Magpuls just didn't. Maybe I didn't have the magic orientation for them but not needed for the Glocks.

Got all kinds of reloading aids, in the Box O' Gadgets.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Reloading mags is a pain. I tend to reload load enough for an entire match but sometimes (as in an intensive class) you need to reload out there. I shoot a Glock 9mm or 1911 in matches (the 22's have their own gadgets).

Thus, I use a UpLULA® for both calibers. They work just fine but need to have a solid base to work - a table or your leg (annoying).

A guy at the last match was using a SPEED BEEZ® Magazine Loader for 9mm PCC Glock® Mags 17,18,19. Interesting gadget, sort of a lever action gadget which you can hold in your hand and not need a base.

Results - it works just fine for Glock mags. However, it seized up on Magpuls. It would load one or two and then that was it. Can't see the reason why.

It's also limited to 9mm, but it's a useful gadget for the Glock mags.

Site Supporter
    Twenty mags (for a match, my usual load out) pushed against my belly - ouch. Got some problems in that area, doesn't seem like a good idea. Neat gadget but the six pack days have become a keg.

Thanks for the info, though, JCN.

When we get energy weapons - just plug it into Mr. Fusion with a banana. I think I mentioned once that I left my SIRT G17 out. My wife called me and said - you are supposed to lock the guns up when not home. I said - Oh, it's just a laser gun. She said: They are making laser Glocks now!

I explained, we laughed. But waiting for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I have no problem with hand strength and it runs just fine with Glock mags. The Magpuls just didn't. Maybe I didn't have the magic orientation for them but not needed for the Glocks.

Got all kinds of reloading aids, in the Box O' Gadgets.
    That's a problem with any mag-specific loader. Small variations in design can cause issues. And, limiting the design to a specific magazine configuration makes some of these devices very poor value.

MagLULA is still the best all-around solution for me.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    https://youtu.be/Sd6a8T3VTbE?si=fzbNx2URRY3geDR1[/video]
    If I had seen that before I started reloading I would have snapped one up in a heartbeat. That is very cool. Since I don't box up my reloads, and just put them loose in plastic ammo cans, I will stick to the MagLula. Although, I might get some as Christmas gifts for friends that shoot factory ammo, and those that aren't lazy like me, and box up their reloads.

I’ve only used the Maglula and find it does a descent job. There is a very slight learning curve for first time uses… squeeze grip, press down, slide in bullet, release grip, lift, start over again. Once you get in the flow, it’s ok.

A lot of people refer to these type of devices as SPEED LOADERS, but I find the term incorrect. For me at least, they only make loading EASIER, not faster. But my best mag loaders are the friend I bring to the range, whom I make reload all the mags!

User Tag List