Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shield 15 rnd Glock 43/48 mag issues

Shield 15 rnd Glock 43/48 mag issues

Haven’t seen it anywhere and maybe I missed it, but has anyone had issues with these mags? Myself, I had one incident where the round was hung up about halfway down the mag..It only happened once, and hasn’t happened since, round count isn’t that high , I figure somewhere between 6-700 rnds..There’s seems to be a lot of folks on YouTube complaining about these mags as well. Since I’m carrying my G48 using these mags, I have to admit I’m having second thoughts about them, and I’m considering going back to the stock 10 rounders until I can more thoroughly vet these mags..

My recommendation is to always use OEM Mags with Glock pistols. I’ve seen enough failures with Shield, Magpul, etc. to avoid them for CCW purposes.

If you run into a Glock OEM Mag giving you issues, you can eliminate that doubt by tossing it in the trash and replacing it with a new one for ~$20.

IMO, capacity is much further down on the list of priorities.

These new slimline Glocks made people forget the benefits of using Glock pistols.

Site Supporter
    As ususal, @GAP is on point with this. Magpul is a cost effective training only mag for Gen 4 and earlier glocks . Shield is an expensive training only mag. OEM for life saving took purposes.
    "Knowledge is good." Emil Faber, date unknown.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I have never bothered with the Shield mags due to this higher reported failure rate. Anecdotally, probably, but how many issues do you hear about with the OEM mags?

I won't accept reduced reliability to get more ammunition simply because I think the number of incidents were a bang-click malfunction will lead to a bad outcome are much more likely for me than the number of incidents were 11 wasn't enough but 16 took care of it, but I couldn't get to my reload.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    I have never bothered with the Shield mags due to this higher reported failure rate. Anecdotally, probably, but how many issues do you hear about with the OEM mags?

I won't accept reduced reliability to get more ammunition simply because I think the number of incidents were a bang-click malfunction will lead to a bad outcome are much more likely for me than the number of incidents were 11 wasn't enough but 16 took care of it, but I couldn't get to my reload.
    I don't think most people carry reloads. Honestly I don't think most people even carry. Imo there's more permits/licenses then actual carried guns.

I tend to only stick with OEM. I don't even bother with different practice mags. Seems like spending double the money for no reason.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I switched back to stock mags, changed the mag release, this morning, lesson learned. It’s a shame, the idea itself of 15rnds in a G48, is great, but it looks like shield is going back to the drawing board.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I don't think most people carry reloads. Honestly I don't think most people even carry. Imo there's more permits/licenses then actual carried guns.

I tend to only stick with OEM. I don't even bother with different practice mags. Seems like spending double the money for no reason.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I’m one of the few that carries everyday, but I also carry a reload, not only for the extra capacity, but just in case the mag in the pistol decides to go tits up when you need it to work. Granted, that doesn’t happen very often with stock Glock mags, but still Murphy’s law…..

New product from Shield.

While I had zero interest in the 43X mag I have interest in making the 43 a 10 shooter. We shall see how it pans out.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...3-z9-magazine/
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    New product from Shield.

While I had zero interest in the 43X mag I have interest in making the 43 a 10 shooter. We shall see how it pans out.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...3-z9-magazine/
    OK nevermind all of that.

MAG CATCH RECOMMENDATION
    We recommend swapping out your plastic OEM mag catch with either our standard steel mag catch or our premium steel mag catch. Here’s why. If you don’t swap your mag catch you may have reliability issues. If you use another manufacturer’s mag catch you may have reliability issues.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    OK nevermind all of that.

MAG CATCH RECOMMENDATION
    We recommend swapping out your plastic OEM mag catch with either our standard steel mag catch or our premium steel mag catch. Here’s why. If you don’t swap your mag catch you may have reliability issues. If you use another manufacturer’s mag catch you may have reliability issues.
    I wanna love their products but the S15s just never worked consistently for me.

User Tag List