Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 15 to 17 Round Conversion in a P2000/USPc Magazine?

Here's an update, prompted by getting a P2000 while the rebate was going. If you buy the vp9sk/p30sk 15 round magazine, sku 50257860, you can put the p2000 floorplate on it, giving you a 15 round magazine with witness holes that is the same size as the 13 round mag. It appears to be the exact same tube as the p2000/uspc magazine. I haven't shot it yet but see no reason why it wouldn't work if those mags work in the sk.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Here's an update, prompted by getting a P2000 while the rebate was going. If you buy the vp9sk/p30sk 15 round magazine, sku 50257860, you can put the p2000 floorplate on it, giving you a 15 round magazine with witness holes that is the same size as the 13 round mag. It appears to be the exact same tube as the p2000/uspc magazine. I haven't shot it yet but see no reason why it wouldn't work if those mags work in the sk.
    I tried it as well and can verify he speaks truth. The mag fits a little tighter and is a bit harder to seat on a closed chamber, but it works. This also resolved one of my biggest gripes with the P2000 which was a Glock 19 sized pistol with 2 less rounds.

V2 P2000

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Yea.....that requires more than just loading the mag and pulling the trigger. That's pretty much where my interest in firearms start and stop. It would be nice to find an LEM on the shelf!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...backstrap+grip

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_...d+night+sights

I have now converted 10 P2000/USPc 9mm 13 rnd mags with the factory 15 to 17 conversion kits intended for the P30/vp9 using the spring that came with the kit. Kit installs easily and I just keep the existing baseplate. I have run each through 4 cycles in either my p2000 or USPc in the 15+1 configuration without any malfunctions, including Federal HST 147, 124+P , Winchester 124 Nato and finally some 115gr blaser aluminum (looking for a malfunction in the last case) ammo.

As cited it is much harder to seat with 15 on board. I also noticed that with 15+1 in the gun, the magazine release paddle is MUCH harder to activate to unload the gun. While I am keeping the kits in place, I am only going to load 14 from here on out. So 14+1 for me. Seating, loading, and unloading with 14 in this config is indistinguishable from the 13 round config.

I tried using the original P2000/USPc magazine spring and it alleviates that tight top round a bit, but since I am pushing the mag to higher capacity I am going to leave the extra power springs in place for now and settle for 14 in those mags.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Side note. New p30 hk night sights have the same front night sight height as factory p2000 sights. P2000 and p30 share the same front dovetail. You can run a mepro, trijicon bright and tough, or factory p2000 fear with the new green p30 front
    Last edited by breakingtime91; 01-07-2024 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    I have now converted 10 P2000/USPc 9mm 13 rnd mags with the factory 15 to 17 conversion kits intended for the P30/vp9 using the spring that came with the kit. Kit installs easily and I just keep the existing baseplate. I have run each through 4 cycles in either my p2000 or USPc in the 15+1 configuration without any malfunctions, including Federal HST 147, 124+P , Winchester 124 Nato and finally some 115gr blaser aluminum (looking for a malfunction in the last case) ammo.

As cited it is much harder to seat with 15 on board. I also noticed that with 15+1 in the gun, the magazine release paddle is MUCH harder to activate to unload the gun. While I am keeping the kits in place, I am only going to load 14 from here on out. So 14+1 for me. Seating, loading, and unloading with 14 in this config is indistinguishable from the 13 round config.

I tried using the original P2000/USPc magazine spring and it alleviates that tight top round a bit, but since I am pushing the mag to higher capacity I am going to leave the extra power springs in place for now and settle for 14 in those mags.
    I used my rebate to buy 3 P30sk 15 round magazines and 3 P2000 baseplates.

Between the P2000 13rd magazine and the P30sk 15rd magazine:

- As known, the magazine body is identical, except for the extra witness holes
    - The followers are different - P2000 follower is larger
    - The spring is different - 10 coils for the P2000, 9 coils for the P30sk
    - The locking plates are different, but functionally it appears the same. The interface with the spring is the same, and the thickness is the same. There's a little detent on the bottom of the P2000 locking plate that interfaces with a little notch in the P2000 baseplate, which helps locate it, but this seems redundant
    - The baseplates are obviously different, but what I found is the P30sk baseplate is a bit thicker and has a little recessed cutout in it that the locking plate sits in. This is ~0.1" deep. Meaning the the compressed length of the spring will be 0.1" longer than when using the P2000 baseplate.
    - When running the P2000 baseplate on the P30sk magazine, 15 rounds is very, very tight. So tight that only 1 of the 3 mags I can get a 15th round in. When I tried it for the P30sk magazines as is, 15 rounds was a bit tight, but nothing out of the ordinary. So it appears that 0.1" makes a difference.
    - For the mag I could get 15 in, the mag was very difficult to seat on a loaded chamber, though the gun cycled fine
    - 14 rounds are easy to load, and all mags ran fine, with +1, cycling, inserting is no problem, etc.

I think I'll be doing 14+1 from here on out too. It wouldn't be hard for someone to make a P2000 baseplate with the little recessed cutout in to it make it dimensionally similar to the P30sk baseplate (internally), but there probably isn't a big enough market for it.

Site Supporter
    I appreciate the information, and have two kits to increase my USPc9 mags to 15. I’ve got them installed, and am about to order several more.
    Anybody tried them on USPc40 mags? I’m guessing they’d be good for +1 in those.

User Tag List