Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 15 to 17 Round Conversion in a P2000/USPc Magazine?

15 to 17 Round Conversion in a P2000/USPc Magazine?

Some of you might have seen the OEM HK conversion kits to turn their 15 round p30/vp9 magazines into 17 rounds. Has anyone tried these with the p2000/USPc 13 round magazines? I'm assuming it would result in 14 or 15 rounds if the parts fit.

A guy on HKpro says it works, but I haven't seen anyone else. I suspect HK won't be in a hurry to approve this combination even if it works, as the compacts are not their newest guns.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Some of you might have seen the OEM HK conversion kits to turn their 15 round p30/vp9 magazines into 17 rounds. Has anyone tried these with the p2000/USPc 13 round magazines? I'm assuming it would result in 14 or 15 rounds if the parts fit.

A guy on HKpro says it works, but I haven't seen anyone else. I suspect HK won't be in a hurry to approve this combination even if it works, as the compacts are not their newest guns.
    I did it to turn a 13 round P2000 9mm mag into a 15 round mag. Its a tight fit on a closed slide at first, but once broken in, it has been functioning fine. Of course, your missing the two extra witness holes, but otherwise, works like a charm.

Nice! I've liked these for a while and this may push me over the edge. To me this would catapult it to clear winner of the da/sa Glock 19 race.

The p2000 rear sight dovetail is also now used in the OR vp9s, so that might be more good news on the horizon as well...

I'd love to first find a P2000 without the stupid 45lb DA pull

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

The p2000 rear sight dovetail is also now used in the OR vp9s, so that might be more good news on the horizon as well...
    Are you absolutely sure about that? I hadn't heard that anywhere, but definitely nice to hear if that's the case.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    I'd love to first find a P2000 without the stupid 45lb DA pull

It uses the same springs as the USP match trigger, and you can get all of those for less than 40 bucks.

It uses the same springs as the USP match trigger, and you can get all of those for less than 40 bucks.
    Yea.....that requires more than just loading the mag and pulling the trigger. That's pretty much where my interest in firearms start and stop. It would be nice to find an LEM on the shelf!

Quote Originally Posted by Sig_Fiend View Post
    Are you absolutely sure about that? I hadn't heard that anywhere, but definitely nice to hear if that's the case.
    I've seen it multiple places online, but I haven't seen it in any official literature. It's definitely not the standard vp9 sight, as it's moved to the rear to make more room for the optic.

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Yea.....that requires more than just loading the mag and pulling the trigger. That's pretty much where my interest in firearms start and stop. It would be nice to find an LEM on the shelf!

You'll have to haunt gunbroker for a 9mm V2 P2000. They seem to make like one batch per year, and they're mostly gone in short order.

The .40s hang around longer, but there are several people here who had .40 P2000s issued to them off the original DHS/ICE (?) contract and they universally seem to have hated them. AFAIK it's the only .40 HK makes that isn't heavier than its 9mm counterpart. I'd imagine it's about as miserable to shoot as a gen 3 Glock 23.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    You'll have to haunt gunbroker for a 9mm V2 P2000. They seem to make like one batch per year, and they're mostly gone in short order.

The .40s hang around longer, but there are several people here who had .40 P2000s issued to them off the original DHS/ICE (?) contract and they universally seem to have hated them. AFAIK it's the only .40 HK makes that isn't heavier than its 9mm counterpart. I'd imagine it's about as miserable to shoot as a gen 3 Glock 23.
    I actually had the 40LEM. I liked everything about it except the recoil. It felt like 2x4 smacking you in the palm each time. It really felt like they designed it to focus all the recoil energy back into the palm! I can't relate to Glocks because I actually find them really soft shooting in any caliber.

Bought it during the Sandy Hook panic and kept it for a long while. Really wanted to like it. Each range session I would think to myself.... maybe I was just "off" that last time. Eventually I sold it.

I'm not that desperate to hunt GB. If I see one around cool. If not then whatever. Not a big online shopper

User Tag List