Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers Shoots the P320 AXG

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    why would you need to grind on the FCU ? Just buy an AXG grip , cut the safety notch and drop your M18 FCU into it. Cost is similar to an AXG complete gun.

AB Prototype can do both grip shell and FCU cuts for manual safeties.
    That’s my point. *I* can grind a slot and drop my existing M18 FCU into it, but there is no cost effective way to do it without cobbling unless you already own a MS FCU. Yes, AB Prototype can cut for a FCU, but why is this even needed? Especially for the concierge guns.

One of the guys at the SIG Academy mentioned they were considering making all P320 FCUs manual safety compatible like the P365s, but that it would be a running change at some unknown point.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

The p320 full size, IME is over sprung.

The AXG benefits greatly from the mag well.

As much as I am not a fan of lightening cuts aesthetically, the P320 AXG PRO is the best tracking 320 I've shot.
    If my next pistol is not a Staccato it will probably be an AXG Pro.

I've posted this link before but here it is again. There may be other shops offering this service as well.

https://www.abprototype.com/manual-safety-cut/

In addition to the cut he will also install the new parts and notch the frame. Maybe he will notch the AGX frame as well and cover the slots with Aluma Hyde or whatever.

The frame should come from SIG notched regardless of what configuration it leaves the factory in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Business decision.

The projected market for these was fans of the traditional P series guns (none of which have manual safeties)
    *Ahem…
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    It’s too bad they didn’t make the frame compatible with their safety.
    Indeed.

I've had the chance to handle a few of these in person and they have a very 1911-style trigger to them...only without a safety. Short travel, light triggers and no safety doesn't strike me as a great idea for a carry gun. But that's what the market seems to insist on.

It's a pity as I actually think the safety on the M17/M18 is pretty good and can be run easily.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    *Ahem…
    I’m well aware the SAO guns exist. An SAO is not a “traditional” (DA/SA) P series gun.

How many hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of p series DA/SA guns are in circulation vs the relative handful of SAOs?

Regardless of the merits or lack there of Emanuel safeties the market doesn’t want them and gun companies exist to make money not guns.

I’m well aware the SAO guns exist. An SAO is not a “traditional” (DA/SA) P series gun.

How many hundreds of thousands (if not millions) of p series DA/SA guns are in circulation vs the relative handful of SAOs?

Regardless of the merits or lack there of Emanuel safeties the market doesn’t want them and gun companies exist to make money not guns.
    Maybe the market is stupid because they follow complacent and bureaucratic entities that are only interested in saving money and checking boxes. Couple that with flashy marketing and “just make things simpler and easier” and you have a recipe for breeding exactly what we’re getting. Plastic 2011 offshoots with no external safeties.

“The market” liked Biden well enough to elect him. Was it the right decision? “The market” likes diet sodas and sugar free highly processed foods. Are they good decisions? “The market” likes buying all the latest smartphones every time a new one hits the market while also using every data mining app you could possibly conceive. Are those good decisions?

Sometimes what “The market” does is exactly what you shouldn’t do.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Maybe the market is stupid because they follow complacent and bureaucratic entities that are only interested in saving money and checking boxes. Couple that with flashy marketing and “just make things simpler and easier” and you have a recipe for breeding exactly what we’re getting. Plastic 2011 offshoots with no external safeties.

“The market” liked Biden well enough to elect him. Was it the right decision? “The market” likes diet sodas and sugar free highly processed foods. Are they good decisions? “The market” likes buying all the latest smartphones every time a new one hits the market while also using every data mining app you could possibly conceive. Are those good decisions?

Sometimes what “The market” does is exactly what you shouldn’t do.

All of which is irrelevant to SIG’s business decisions. Gun companies exist to make money not guns. It’s not about good or bad it’s about dollars.

Maybe you missed where I wrote “regardless of the merits” I didn’t write that because I’m not aware of the argument you are making. I wrote it because SIG doesn’t give a shit and nothing said on PF will change that.

I think SIG has gotten into the mindset that the only people who will buy a manual safety version of a P320 are Massachusetts residents where it is required. Possibly other states, too? It seems like more people are amenable to the P365 manual safety version, though.

I really do like how the AXG feels, and wouldn’t mind having one. If AB Prototype or similar offered a grip milling service I might even be able to talk myself into it.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

My gun wants list is longer than my pocket is deep. Im still holding out for the CZ single action but the Legion Series in single action is on the list just in case the CZ doesnt work out
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

User Tag List