Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Vickers Shoots the P320 AXG

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    All of which is irrelevant to SIG’s business decisions. Gun companies exist to make money not guns. It’s not about good or bad it’s about dollars.

Maybe you missed where I wrote “regardless of the merits” I didn’t write that because I’m not aware of the argument you are making. I wrote it because SIG doesn’t give a shit and nothing said on PF will change that.
    I didn’t miss that part and I’m in total agreement that SIG is in it to make money. My point was that the general user base is stupid and/or ignorant of the situation that has been created where SIG and other manufacturers are making their psuedo-2011s based on market demand. It started because of flashy marketing and poor decision making. It persisted because of laziness and penny pinching. It proliferated because of “monkey see, monkey do” without hardly any critical thought.

I don’t care if SIG or any other manufacturer gives a crap about the merits of thumb safeties, hammers, or SCDs. I care that the user base doesn’t which is what drives the demand. It’s also the reason why guns are sometimes built to only last 1,000 rounds before your extractor craps the bed.

The user base needs to do better and hold the money makers making the tools accountable.

Here is a news flash. For profit corporations exist to make profits for their shareholders. However, the best way of making profits for the shareholders is not to focus on making money -- it is to focus on making great products or providing great services. When the organization provides excellent products and or services, it will make profits. Companies that focus on profits and not products and services generally make poor products and poor profits.

I don't know how profitable Sig is, but in recent years they have been perhaps the most prolific gun company in terms of innovating new products.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

The internet: A place where a dude pushing 60 and being eaten up by cancer can be criticized for allowing too much muzzle flip.
    I had an ER nurse in a class. I noticed she kept taking all head shots. Her response when asked why, "'I've seen too many people who have been shot in the chest putting up a fight in the ER." Point taken.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    My gun wants list is longer than my pocket is deep. Im still holding out for the CZ single action but the Legion Series in single action is on the list just in case the CZ doesnt work out
    SAO 226 Legions are pretty nice, available, cheap and reliable mags, optics compatible. Pretty decent package really.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    SAO 226 Legions are pretty nice, available, cheap and reliable mags, optics compatible. Pretty decent package really.
    Good points. Ive read they are a dream to shoot.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

https://s3.uspsa.io/media/Survey_Results.pdf

I was shocked that Sigs were the most popular for carry optics competition at USPSA nationals last year. Is this due to all of these Gucci factory competition guns they're always doing? I never quite saw the appeal of the 320 personally.

Quote Originally Posted by jlw View Post
    The internet: A place where a dude pushing 60 and being eaten up by cancer can be criticized for allowing too much muzzle flip.
    True enough. But LAV has tossed his own internet barbs before, hence the "I wonder what Bakelite tastes like" memes etc... I think he'll be fine. Welcome to the internet, wear a hardhat.

I suspect some of it is for slo-mo dramatic effect, probably on purpose. And, who really cares how much the gun is moving about, if he's making his hits and times (Which, I think most folks would agree he is a good shooter).

Sig seems to be making a lot of things folks want, but deferring a lot of the QC to their customers (still). Innovation comes with risk I guess. The AXG does hit some of the classic Sig wantsies.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post

I was shocked that Sigs were the most popular for carry optics competition at USPSA nationals last year. Is this due to all of these Gucci factory competition guns they're always doing? I never quite saw the appeal of the 320 personally.
    It’s the legion x5 with the proprietary tungsten grip that is so popular. It was custom made for uspsa. People can hate how sig handled the drop safety issues, but in terms of innovation it’s hard to find anyone better right now. They had Phil Strader design the gun and have Max Michel also who just released his own version.

Also it helps that prior to this year that every CO National title was won with a p320 variant.

What did you think would be the top one?

I’ll be curious if the trend continues in 2021 survey.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post

No surprise to me at all. It may be regional but in both IDPA and USPSA I have seen more Sig X5's than any other single model in the last couple years. People really seem to think it is the easy button.

Quote Originally Posted by MVS View Post
    No surprise to me at all. It may be regional but in both IDPA and USPSA I have seen more Sig X5's than any other single model in the last couple years. People really seem to think it is the easy button.
    Also not shocked. SIG ergos are hard to beat and the trigger is easy to manage. Never shot one, but I’ve handled enough of them to be constantly tempted by it.

User Tag List