Thread: Sabre Red vs POM

Site Supporter

Sabre Red vs POM

Any strong suggestion for one over the other ?
    My wife's been carrying a Dillon blaster for half
    a dozen years or so and this ones due to expire.
    I'm thinking a spray may be a better option.

Site Supporter
    I much prefer the POM dispenser. Specifically, the thumb flip over the twist. YMMV.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    I prefer Pom due to the form factor. It's compact and doesn't scream "pepper spray". When I was last at Disneyworld (2019), I walked it right through every security checkpoint and bag check.

Chris

Site Supporter
    I prefer Sabre Red Mk6 units for normal carry, but on occasion I'll carry a POM. My wife and daughter carry POM because it's a size that they'll actually keep on them and not just tuck away in a bag. Sabre Red offers some small, POM sized units with the thumb flip spray instead of the stupid slider and gel but they've been harder to find lately.
    https://www.sabrered.com/pepper-spra...p-and-key-ring

Just be aware of a couple of things. First, it's not a bad idea when you first receive POM units to remove the lower shell that covers the reservoir and put some strong glue in there before sliding it back on. They've been known to come apart at random times. Also, we've seen less failures (coming apart, the shell breaking at the bottom where the clip or keychain attaches) with the pocket clip model than with the other two designs. While the POM containers are more fragile than the Sabre Red, the majority of ours have held up fine for six months of daily carry. At six months we replace them with new units and use the old ones for practice.

Also, if you order training units (water) understand that unless it's changed recently the training units don't come with the lower shell, so save one to slip on them for practice.

I've had good luck ordering directly from POM, instead of Amazon or other sources. They ship fast.
    I've ordered Sabre Red both directly from the company and from Copsplus without complaints.
    Last edited by Crashpad; 12-04-2021 at 03:23 PM.

Site Supporter
    Appreciate the feedback!

User Tag List