Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DFW folks- recs. Best steak in the airport area?

Site Supporter

DFW folks- recs. Best steak in the airport area?

I’m here for the next three days or so for recurrent training and usually hit up The Ranch at Las Colinas. Any better steak for around $40-50 that I’m missing? I usually go to Hard 8 BBQ for lunch. Suggestions welcome!!

Bob's Chop House in Grapevine
    David S.

Site Supporter
    +1 for Bob's.
    Cool River on McArthur also has good steaks but they also grind their own meat for a great medium - rare burger.
    Last trip to Kirbys in Grapevine I had a phenomenal rack of lamb. Was pre Covid though.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    +1 for Bob's.
    Cool River on McArthur also has good steaks but they also grind their own meat for a great medium - rare burger.
    Last trip to Kirbys in Grapevine I had a phenomenal rack of lamb. Was pre Covid though.
    Is Cool River open again? I thought they were shut down near the beginning of COVID

Not a DFW guy, but when I was there about 3 years ago I went to a Brazilian Steakhouse called 12 Cuts. Google Maps says it’s 20 minutes from DFW. There is a place called Churrascaria Plataforma in NY which I’ve long considered to be the best of this genre, a distinct cut above, so to speak, the chains like Texas de Brazil and Fogo de Chao. 12 Cuts was easily the equal of Churrascaria Plataforma, perhaps even better. Not only was the food fantastic, the service was as well. I highly recommend it. Here’s the link:

https://12cutssteakhouse.com/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pr1042 View Post
    Is Cool River open again? I thought they were shut down near the beginning of COVID
    Well, crap. Only open at the Love Field location. Thanks for catching that.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Bob's in Grapevine is the place....

If you're needing places away from the DFW Airport, then the list can get a bit long.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    Bob's Chop House in Grapevine
    All, I think Bob’s just became my favorite steak! 14oz ribeye for $50 was exactly what I was looking for! They didn’t even ask how I wanted it cooked!! Just what side with it. Came back perfect; seared and charred on the fatty edges and getting more rare as you get to the center.

Thanks for the recs.

Steak? The Stockyards in Ft Worth.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Steak? The Stockyards in Ft Worth.
    That area was my last Dallas trip’s focus. I spent more time there since Ft Worth was part of my childhood. Solid steak’s though!

User Tag List