Thread: Backyard Rollercoaster...worth a look for jealousy's sake....

Backyard Rollercoaster...worth a look for jealousy's sake....

Damn that kid is lucky-(old voice engaged) Back in my day, I had to climb trees and climb up the side of my house or climb out of my window on to the roof in order to get the rush of falling a measly 10 ft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWlo...layer_embedded
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

All I can think about is how much of a hassle those concrete pours in the yard are gonna be in a couple years.
    I don't understand what's happening, but I have a soldering iron.

Quote Originally Posted by derekb View Post
    All I can think about is how much of a hassle those concrete pours in the yard are gonna be in a couple years.
    Haha, my thoughts exactly.
    I train to be better than I was yesterday. -F2S

lame, no loop or twist? man my backyard roller coaster had that. oh wait.
    ...and to think today you just have fangs

Rob Engh
    BC, Canada

I like my rollercoasters BUT I grew up with an oak forest in my backyard that was infested with deer, squirrels, coons and opossums. And behind that was a muddy little creek complete with muskrats, carp and bullheads.

It wasn't perfect however. There were those pesky coyotes that killed (and ate) our chickens and sheep. (.243's settled that score.)

Yep, I'll take that over any rollercoaster.
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Site Supporter
    Sorry, but Mayor Bloomberg plans to limit all backyard rides to a height of 6 feet or less. This height will facilitate rescue, should rescue be necessary and will impart fewer "G's" to ride participants, thereby saving the taxpayers money on insurance claims for whiplash, thrown backs (for the fathers). This height limit will also reduce any ancillary dangers to nearby pets, family members and most especially, endangered wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Sorry, but Mayor Bloomberg plans to limit all backyard rides to a height of 6 feet or less. This height will facilitate rescue, should rescue be necessary and will impart fewer "G's" to ride participants, thereby saving the taxpayers money on insurance claims for whiplash, thrown backs (for the fathers). This height limit will also reduce any ancillary dangers to nearby pets, family members and most especially, endangered wildlife.
    I believe I heard there is an endangered urban wombat that also tends to leap from tree to tree at an average of 10 ft, so I'm pretty sure that was taken into account too

Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

User Tag List