Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP II .22LR Lite Rack

Ruger LCP II .22LR Lite Rack

I watched the hilarious Paul Harrell YT Video on this gun where PH repeats the full name & caliber of the pistol throughout the whole video. Paul is a pretty funny guy. In the end, he didn't recommend the pistol; however, Lucky Gunner did recommend the gun. What do you Folks think about this gun? I just bought one of recent vintage, but haven't gotten to shoot it yet. I bought it for a fun plinker because I really enjoy shooting small mouse Guns, but .25 & .32 are pretty cost prohibitive at this juncture. Hell, even .22 Shorts are kinda expensive nowadays. I plan to remove the mag safety on the pistol and maybe Dremel down the thumb safety so that it doesn't activate on me. I don't see a good reason for these safeties on this pistol at all except that it's RF and if it's dropped just right it could go bang I guess. I'm willing to take that risk though. Also, the sights suck pretty bad, so I plan to paint them.
    Last edited by johnnywitt; 12-04-2021 at 04:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    I too am interested in one of these. On a plinker the mag disconnect should not matter. You might have a lemon or find the pistol not to your liking and suggest not altering it too soon. If sent back to Ruger, they would return it to original status.

I have one i used during the ammocovid.
    Shot around 4,000 rounds and it was excellent.
    Reliable and accurate.
    I recomend it.

I bought one a few months ago and enjoy it. It's a good plinking gun, easy to conceal and I've had no trouble with it plus my wife enjoys it too.

Yes, good advice not modifying the pistol till you've shot a couple thousand, or so through it. If you watch the YT Galloway Precision Video, it shows how to delete the Mag Disconnect 'Safety' & it's pretty straightforward operation. The Thumb Safety could be a simple Dremel Job and just Dremel off the tab. That way you could leave the safety and still see the gun was off safety in case somebody picked it up the red tab would still be visible. The issue with leaving the safety on there is that when the slide is racked the safety has a tendency to self activate kinda like a Ruger O/U Shotgun. At least with the shotgun you know 100% that this is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    ...when the slide is racked the safety has a tendency to self activate...
    I hate this. It's one of the reasons I dislike slide-mounted levers.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    I have had excellent results with mine. I bought it used, so no idea of total round count. It was a little picky at first (I just started shooting it without scrubbing it) and initially worked great with CCI Mini Mags/velocitors / stingers but wouldn't fire maybe 20% of cheap Federal bulk, so I really scrubbed it. Detailed everything and chucked a bore brush in a power drill and got the chamber spotless. Lubed it with a bit of red synthetic grease and it runs like a sewing machine now. Right at 400 rounds mixed of CCI Mini Mag RN and cheap Federal bulk pack hps since the last cleaning with no malfunctions at all. No recoil and fun to shoot. Not really a target gun but that may be as much my need for a new set of glasses as the gun itself (it has a bucket of a rear sight). My 22 LCR didn't like getting sweated on this past Louisiana summer, so this little guy will get a lot of outdoors use for yard work, grass mowing, fence line work, etc for snake duty.

Site Supporter
    I own two. No problems with either. They are great little pistols. Paint the tiny front sight with the color of choice fluorescent paint. The weakness with the platform is ammunition. Inconsistent ignition across major brands. It caused me to switch to the LCP Max as carry gun and the LCPII as trainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    I own two. No problems with either. They are great little pistols. Paint the tiny front sight with the color of choice fluorescent paint. The weakness with the platform is ammunition. Inconsistent ignition across major brands. It caused me to switch to the LCP Max as carry gun and the LCPII as trainer.
    Maybe a Galloway Spring Kit would help with the ignition problems, IDK.

Me, haven't been able to go to the range due to me and the Wife's health issues- sucks! Can't wait to try the little gat with different types of ammo that it might like. I hear these Guns like the Aguila Super Extra 36gr HP and they also like Armscor 36gr HP too. I have a lot of CCI Blaser 40gr and some Fiocchi. I've heard they like the Fiocchi as well. We'll see & I will keep you Folks notified as I put Rounds through it and the saga of running and breaking in another little .22 pea shooter unfolds

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnywitt View Post
    Maybe a Galloway Spring Kit would help with the ignition problems, IDK.

Me, haven't been able to go to the range due to me and the Wife's health issues- sucks! Can't wait to try the little gat with different types of ammo that it might like. I hear these Guns like the Aguila Super Extra 36gr HP and they also like Armscor 36gr HP too. I have a lot of CCI Blaser 40gr and some Fiocchi. I've heard they like the Fiocchi as well. We'll see & I will keep you Folks notified as I put Rounds through it and the saga of running and breaking in another little .22 pea shooter unfolds
    I’ve got the Galloway short trigger and spring kit. I think it’s the challenge of rimfire vs centerfire. I am experimenting with Federal Punch 29gr. Used to carry Velocitor. Best luck with ignition has been with Stingers. Since getting the LCP Max I haven’t given much thought to wringing on my LCPIIs. But now that you have me thinking about it, I’ll try to make this Monday at the range an all .22 day.

User Tag List