Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP II .22LR Lite Rack

@Gun Mutt The Nemisis #G3 works well for me.

Mine has now gone just shy of 5,000 rounds with one failure. A failure to eject and double feed.
    Had 11 misfires in 5,000 rounds, all of which I attribute to the rimfire priming.

Hammertime
    Okay I may have this little gun’s number.

Run it clean and completely dry. No dry lube, no lube at all. It just leads to fouling the thing up faster.

100 rounds of Minimags cycled fine in this manner even with rapid firing as fast as I could replace the magazine. I had ten loaded.

However I had four failures to ignite. Three fired with a second hit and one was not firing for any reason.

I think the hammer spring is either too light or worn out after 3000 rounds.

I found a Galloway kit with an increased power hammer and decreased firing pin Spring and ordered it. If this works to get rid of these intermittent ignition failures it may be worthy of the pocket.

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Suggs View Post
    @Gun Mutt The Nemisis #G3 works well for me.

Mine has now gone just shy of 5,000 rounds with one failure. A failure to eject and double feed.
    Had 11 misfires in 5,000 rounds, all of which I attribute to the rimfire priming.
    Thanks for chiming in with a round count update. I got a Nemesis for my LCR and promptly discovered that almost all of my pockets seem to be rounded and fight with the flat bottomed Nemesis.

I can't find a pic I can copy/paste, much less a video of one in use, but I'm intrigued by the Rock N'Guns Pocket Rock-It. As an experiment, I took an old Zack (trigger guard device) for a G43 that sorta fit the LCP and rigged paracord just long enough to attach to my belt loop with the LCP sitting all the way down in the pocket. For the life of me, I can't figure out how the hell the cord is supposed to stay out of the way to establish a grip with my hand in the pocket.

@Doc_Glock, I hope the spring kit works better for you than it did for feudist at post 18.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    Okay I may have this little gun’s number.

Run it clean and completely dry. No dry lube, no lube at all. It just leads to fouling the thing up faster.

100 rounds of Minimags cycled fine in this manner even with rapid firing as fast as I could replace the magazine. I had ten loaded.

However I had four failures to ignite. Three fired with a second hit and one was not firing for any reason.

I think the hammer spring is either too light or worn out after 3000 rounds.

I found a Galloway kit with an increased power hammer and decreased firing pin Spring and ordered it. If this works to get rid of these intermittent ignition failures it may be worthy of the pocket.
    It didn't help mine. I'm going to send mine to Ruger. Anyone know if they've fixed the issue?

Site Supporter
    I have Galloway and MCarbo triggers kits installed. Still have fail to ignite issues. Otherwise, no function issues. Love the LCPII's form factor, I carried one in each front pocket. But I stopped carrying because of ignition issues. 351C/43C took their place.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    It didn't help mine. I'm going to send mine to Ruger. Anyone know if they've fixed the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hideeho View Post
    I have Galloway and MCarbo triggers kits installed. Still have fail to ignite issues. Otherwise, no function issues. Love the LCPII's form factor, I carried one in each front pocket. But I stopped carrying because of ignition issues. 351C/43C took their place.

Well crap. Anyone know if Wolff sells a hammer spring for this thing that is higher powered?

Site Supporter
    Well crap. Anyone know if Wolff sells a hammer spring for this thing that is higher powered?
    I don't think the inherent weaknesses of .22 rimfire primers can be overcome by mechanical adjustments to pistols. One of the reasons .25 ACP was created was rimfire primer issues. Ruger, please turn the LCPII or Max into a .25 or .32 ACP pistol.

I don't think the inherent weaknesses of .22 rimfire primers can be overcome by mechanical adjustments to pistols. One of the reasons .25 ACP was created was rimfire primer issues. Ruger, please turn the LCPII or Max into a .25 or .32 ACP pistol.
    Or add a second firing pin, like the old Henry rifle.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Or add a second firing pin, like the old Henry rifle.
    How about a railroad spike instead?

How about a railroad spike instead?
    My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle...

User Tag List