Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP II .22LR Lite Rack

I like mine, got rid of the .380 max, really poor quality, sent it in for metal shards on left slide cuts, uneven edges, depth etc. trigger would drop only when trigger was all the back. Love the concept, but!

I would love a 10 rnd .32 based off the G1 LCP! I love shooting my little Taurus TCP .32

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    I like mine, got rid of the .380 max, really poor quality, sent it in for metal shards on left slide cuts, uneven edges, depth etc. trigger would drop only when trigger was all the back. Love the concept, but!

I would love a 10 rnd .32 based off the G1 LCP! I love shooting my little Taurus TCP .32
    .32? I would be in for that. 👍

One of the Best Buy’s ever was a Keltec P32. Tiny and light gun, but seems to be a killer combo of the right cartridge and right platform. .32 strikes me as a nice compromise round in small pistols.

Site Supporter
    I put 150 rounds through one of my LCPIIs this morning, firing 50 rounds each of Punch, Velocitor, and Interceptor, through 15 separate magazines. Started with Federal Punch. Second magazine of the day, third round in magazine, a failure to ignite. The case had a deep firing pin imprint. The randomness of failing to ignite makes me skittish on rimfire in a pistol. It could just of easily been the second round in first magazine. I feel differently about revolvers chambered in .22 LR. You can pull the trigger so fast on a 43C that the occasional fail to ignite can be overlooked. Like others, I would love an LCPII in .32 ACP.

Quote Originally Posted by revolvergeek View Post
    My 22 LCR didn't like getting sweated on this past Louisiana summer...
    I love my .22 LCR, curious to know what went on with yours.

I was gifted a .22 LCP this past weekend. Fun little pistol, I look forward to wringing it out and hopefully finding ammo that it feeds with what @Leroy Suggs described as "boring reliability" with his sample.

I'd planned a short range visit around my .22 LCR and it was no surprise that the fresh out of the box LCP didn't much care for the CCI rounds in the tennis ball can of cheap range ammo I'd brought with me. Started getting failures to extract after a few mags of the cheap stuff and one failure to fire, but with a helluva dent on the rim.

3 mags of Federal Punch fed just fine, but another failure to fire with a significant strike mark. Both of the dented rounds fired on the first strike through the LCR.

Hammertime
    I like the .22 LCP. But I don't trust it.

Unexplained failures to fire or extract randomly with a clean gun and various ammo have it on range toy only status. Which is too bad because it pocket carries nicely.

Mine feeds Minimags reliably but has about a 5% light strike rate.
    I ordered an Mcarbo Xtra power hammer spring kit and am having that installed. Hopefully it'll be the fix.
    Really like the piece as a "Pocket Strike" second gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I love my .22 LCR, curious to know what went on with yours.

I was gifted a .22 LCP this past weekend. Fun little pistol, I look forward to wringing it out and hopefully finding ammo that it feeds with what @Leroy Suggs described as "boring reliability" with his sample.

I'd planned a short range visit around my .22 LCR and it was no surprise that the fresh out of the box LCP didn't much care for the CCI rounds in the tennis ball can of cheap range ammo I'd brought with me. Started getting failures to extract after a few mags of the cheap stuff and one failure to fire, but with a helluva dent on the rim.

3 mags of Federal Punch fed just fine, but another failure to fire with a significant strike mark. Both of the dented rounds fired on the first strike through the LCR.
    My LCR frankly just seemed to be less tolerant of being drowned in sweat while I was working in the yard in high 90s temps with high 90s humidity than the other guns I had used in that role. Sweat seemed to get into it at the frame junction and the internals would get covered with rust. I never had that problem with any of the other 22, 38 or 44 revolvers that I carried around like that. It never stopped working, but it just seemed to require a little more routine maintenance than some of the others. That combined with a worse trigger even when clean and lubed (heavier and hitcher) than basically any of my other revolvers just turned me off towards it. It isn't that it is a bad gun, but that I have other things that are better for what I am doing.

My LCP II continues to work great and runs like a sewing machine with good ammo. I will get the occasional light strike with Federal 37 grn HV HP once it starts getting dirty. It loves CCI Mini Mags and Velocitors. Every 500-600 rounds I will wipe it out, re lube and clean the chamber with a bore brush chucked into an electric drill. 5 minutes and it is ready to go again. I found a brand new Veridian green laser for it cheap and but it on there but it is a total PoS. Every couple of weeks it has to be rebooted by pulling out the battery and putting it back in. I would sell it but I can't in good conscious curse somebody else with it.

Took my MCARBO extra power hammer spring equipped LCP .22 to the range.

No joy.

65th round failure to fire with CCI Minimags, which are the only rounds it feeds reliably.

Previously tested Velocitors, Federal Black, Eley 10X, Eley Match. 730 total through 5 mags.

Le sigh.

Cleaned & lightly lubed my LCP and painted the front sight, packed a range bag with 100 CCI Mini-mags and hope to be out of work in time to make it to the range for a function test...fingers crossed.

100rds of Mini-mags ran 10x10...pretty fekkin fun, too. Since I'm now at a whopping 108 flawless rounds of Mini-mag, I'll reserve all my Punch for my LCR which has yet to misfire on anything I've fed it.

Painted front sight definitely helps, and in the piss poor lighting of this particular, incredibly convenient, range, any visual assist is welcome. Extremely easy for me to point low, the orange sight gives me much better visual feedback and confirmation. My left hand shooting needs a lot more familiarity with this little pistol.

I'm treating this as very much it's own platform, with a specific manual of arms, ie; I plan to use the awkward safety, so all of my dry work has included that manipulation, mainly from the pocket, but also from atop the coffee table or counter. Mine will only be carried in a pocket holster, and whatever holster that ends up being, will leave me room to disengage the safety as I slide my hand in my pocket. Nice touch that Ruger includes one in the box, but that damn thing has not stayed in my pocket once.

User Tag List