Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think the ammo shortage is bad? What about your bagel!

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How many people even heard of a bialy? I've only saw them in NY and surrounds. I've mentioned watching an ex-pat from NY trying to buy chopped liver in an HEB - @HCM for HEB. I had to translate. Needless to say, HEB didn't have any.
    I grew up on LI. I'd never heard of a bialy till I was in a Wegmans in western NY at college.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    A better question would be who hasn’t heard of a bialy? [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So......what's bialy?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Moving On: near the bagel shop of "bag of bagels fame" there was a diner that featured a bowl of tasty pickles on every table. The marketing guy found out the location of the pickle factory and we took a side trip sampling the factories various offers. Meetings at Fairchild always featured a tray of great NY pastries and a fair number of company attendees who mysteriously vanished at the earliest opportunity after loading up from the tray: thus $500 toilet seats (but not on an A-10). Threads like this are a great diversion from Covid/School Shootings/Lootings/Inflation/The Border. Thank you OP.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    How many people even heard of a bialy? I've only saw them in NY and surrounds. I've mentioned watching an ex-pat from NY trying to buy chopped liver in an HEB - @HCM for HEB. I had to translate. Needless to say, HEB didn't have any.
    Chicago Bagel in San Antonio makes both Bialys and chopped Liver.

Site Supporter
    IIRC, they only had chopped liver on certain days. However, no store chopped liver can match homemade!

I’m still looking for good bagels here in southern NH. There’s a place in Reading, MA, but I’m hoping for closer.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    Chicago Bagel in San Antonio makes both Bialys and chopped Liver.
    If you ever roll through Vegas, try the Bagel Café on Buffalo Drive. Would be interested in your comparison to Chicago Bagel. Bagel Café is a must on my annual pilgrimage to LV.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m still looking for good bagels here in southern NH. There’s a place in Reading, MA, but I’m hoping for closer.
    Bagel Alley in Nashua and Bagel Mill in Peterborough.

I’ll trade my cream cheese ration stamps for ammo ration stamps.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

"You know Bill, there's nothing more lethal than a dum-dum bullet coated with a schmear."
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List