Thread: A Walthers Day At The Range

A Walthers Day At The Range

I decided to shoot the Walthers today.

I took my P 22 and my Colt 1911 22 Gold Cup Trophy to the indoor range for some practice. Both guns worked fine.

The P 22 seems to really like CCI Stingers and Velocitors. I fired 50 rounds of both with no problems. The gun shoots a bit low but as long as I aimed 2 inches above cetner at 7 yards all my shots were where I wanted them to be.

I really like the muzzle flash from the Stingers. Very impressive.

The Gold Cup Trophy ( 1911 22 ) ran 100 rounds of CCI Blazer 40 grain and is hitting dead center. I cut out the center of a Bianchi Tombstone target shooting at 10 - 15 yards. I tried some CCI SV but the slide wasn't coming back far enough to pick up the next round on all shots. Looks like I'll use HV ammo like Blazers and Mini Mags.

I have been an LTT PX4 compact carry guy for a few years now, but I started carrying with my PPQ.

When I go to the range, I always bring my PPQ and am always impressed with my grouping with that handgun. I absolutely love shooting it, and my youngest son wants it when the time.comes.to pass down some.of my firearms.

User Tag List