Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I just hit 90 days on an eForm 4 for a silencer. I'm not getting impatient, I figure anything shorter than paper forms is a plus in my book.

One of the 20 something day approvals that you see floating around the internet is a buddy of mine. First silencer, did the Single Shot Trust through SS. So as of yet, there doesn't seem to be any consistency in approval times. Like my kindergarten teacher said, "You get what you get and you don't throw a fit".
    Yes, it's truly like playing the lottery.

Just had eform 1 get approved in 10 days, and there was a 3 day weekend in that. Most recent form 4 was 75 days. Next one will probably be 150+.

A co-worker ask the expert the other day, why he had an e-form for a suppressor over 90 days and a paper for over 360 days. He was told they moved personal from e-form to paper to help with the backlog.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Yes, it's truly like playing the lottery.

Just had eform 1 get approved in 10 days, and there was a 3 day weekend in that. Most recent form 4 was 75 days. Next one will probably be 150+.
    Just got an eform 1 back today. Filed on the 3rd. 9 days total. Record for me.

I don’t plan on doing additional eForm 1s until I’m at my final address - I’d rather only amend the trust once. Hopefully things will be tuned up by then, I have two more I’d like to do (an AR, and the MPX-K.)
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I'm still waiting on an eForm 4 from late January and an eForm 1 from March. Count me unimpressed with the eForm system so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'm still waiting on an eForm 4 from late January and an eForm 1 from March. Count me unimpressed with the eForm system so far.
    I'm on days 63 and 61 for two Form 1s (SBS and SBR).

I wonder what's different for your and my Form 1s and the ones getting approved after 9 and 10 days.
    State of residence? (Texas for me)
    Declared purpose for the tax stamp? (I put All Legal Purposes)
    Previous tax stamps? (These are my first two)
    Voting record? (I voted for Trump twice)
    Recent move? (I moved from OK to TX a year before doing these Form 1s)

I don't do social media and have never posted inflammatory things on any gun forums. I have no relatives with criminal histories.
    I've bought 15+ firearms over the years and never had a hiccup with any Form 4473.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I'm on days 63 and 61 for two Form 1s (SBS and SBR).

I wonder what's different for your and my Form 1s and the ones getting approved after 9 and 10 days.
    State of residence? (Texas for me)
    Declared purpose for the tax stamp? (I put All Legal Purposes)
    Previous tax stamps? (These are my first two)
    Voting record? (I voted for Trump twice)
    Recent move? (I moved from OK to TX a year before doing these Form 1s)

I don't do social media and have never posted inflammatory things on any gun forums. I have no relatives with criminal histories.
    I've bought 15+ firearms over the years and never had a hiccup with any Form 4473.
    Makes no sense at all.

It did occur to me today that this year I've done 2 form 4s from Silencer Shop, and they took 91 and 94 days. Just hitting 91 on a 3rd one. In the same time frame I've done 2 form 4s through Capitol Armory, and they took 85 and 75 days.

Probably coincidence.

Slightly off topic but probably on topic enough.

I am having a can sent to my dealer that is NOT a silencershop dealer.

How in the holy hell do I get electronic finger prints done so I can complete an E form 4 application?

Search for "fingerprinting near me." I used IdenToGo. When I got printed for my TSA PreCheck app I paid them to print out four more sheets for my Form 1 apps. I mailed them in using Priorty Mail with tracking. They take passport photos too, but you don't need them if you eFile on the ATF site.

I'm in Texas but if you click on "Locations" on their site they show a US map. I'm assuming that means they're nation-wide.

https://www.identogo.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    Slightly off topic but probably on topic enough.

I am having a can sent to my dealer that is NOT a silencershop dealer.

How in the holy hell do I get electronic finger prints done so I can complete an E form 4 application?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Search for "fingerprinting near me." I used IdenToGo. When I got printed for my TSA PreCheck app I paid them to print out four more sheets for my Form 1 apps. I mailed them in using Priorty Mail with tracking. They take passport photos too, but you don't need them if you eFile on the ATF site.

I'm in Texas but if you click on "Locations" on their site they show a US map. I'm assuming that means they're nation-wide.

https://www.identogo.com/
    I need the EFT file. I don't need physical card prints.

Unless i'm misunderstanding what you're saying?

User Tag List