Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    I'm jealous of y'all.

Form 1 for SBS (Shockwave) 23 days and counting.

Form 1 for SBR (300 Blackout pistol) 21 days and counting.
    In the past my Form 1s averaged just over a month so 3 weeks isn't so bad. The Form 1 that I got back in about 2 weeks felt like a fluke

Form 4, check cashed 4/22/21. 410 days?
    Still "pending".

Almost three months and counting for an eform 1 SBR…
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Almost three months and counting for an eform 1 SBR…
    Have you considered contacting them?

That seems way longer than any e form 1 I've done or read about on the web.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Have you considered contacting them?

That seems way longer than any e form 1 I've done or read about on the web.
    I did a few weeks ago and was told they had no information available. I may try again.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

A few questions:

If there's something wrong with your app like the fingerprint cards weren't received or attached to your app, does ATF let you know?

On the eForms site when your app gets approved does it stay under the "Submitted/ In Process" heading on the left side of the page or does a new heading appear?

If I keep checking the eForms website 8-10 times a day because my apps haven't been approved yet, does that bother somebody at ATF? Please say it does.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

A few questions:

If there's something wrong with your app like the fingerprint cards weren't received or attached to your app, does ATF let you know?

On the eForms site when your app gets approved does it stay under the "Submitted/ In Process" heading on the left side of the page or does a new heading appear?

If I keep checking the eForms website 8-10 times a day because my apps haven't been approved yet, does that bother somebody at ATF? Please say it does.

1. Can't say for certain. There was a person on the vortex Nation Podcast who stated that with the new system, if there are any mistakes they are just going to outright reject, deny the application. This happened to me with my first form 1 submission. I accidentally uploaded an unsigned copy of the responsible persons questionnaire. Simple computer mistake on my part. Therefore it was rejected.

2. Yes, there will be new headings for Approved or disapproved once that happens.

3. Sometimes it's helpful to think that way!

A few questions:

1) If they detect an error of any kind on the eForm submission you will get an email stating "This is to inform you that the status of your eForms submission has been changed to DISAPPROVED" (Yes, it's in all caps). There is no option to edit mistakes or upload more documents on submitted eForms currently (hopefully one day) once the form has been disapproved. Dealers can upload additional documents while it's "Submitted/In Progress" if they become aware of an issue or omission (Trust documents, photos for trustees, Responsible Persons Questionnaire Form 5320.23, etc), but once the status has changed, you're sunk. On eForms, they will tell you the reason for disapproval and also indicate that your $200 is being refunded. Basically, you have to resubmit.

2) It moves out of "Submitted/In Progress" to "Approved" or "Disapproved". You will get a new "My Forms" subcategory if this is your first submission, see screenshot below.

3) Don't know, sorry.

Name:  Eforms SC.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  39.6 KB
    Last edited by StraitR; 06-10-2022 at 10:45 AM.

148 days now on a eForm 4 trust... and counting. I had high hopes of having a new can in hand come summertime, when things others had submitted at similar dates started coming in in less than 90 days. I've seen examples of some others that submitted in February and March come back already, but mine is still in limbo. That's a bit frustrating. My first NFA item took 10 months (paper form), and I've seen horror stories of over a year, pushing on two. Seems there is no rhyme or reason to their process.

A right delayed is a right denied. Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    Seems there is no rhyme or reason to their process.
    Yeah, that's the most maddening part of the whole process. Never know what you're going to get.

Silencer shop is currently reporting an average wait time of 119 days. With the range going from one day( really! Am I supposed to believe that? Who was this person a US senator?) to 132 days. So you are already outside the typical window there.

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

Capitol Armory reports it a little differently saying that they're seeing approvals now from the middle of January submission through the end of February submissions.

https://www.capitolarmory.com/suppor...als-dates.html

At least you're not at the 12 + month mark like people who did paper forms last year are dealing with.

User Tag List