Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I heard a rumor that people with past military / top secret clearance in past get delayed in NICS, possibly contributing? Any truth to that? Or is it just luck of the draw?
    Possibly, but probably not. FBI used to let NFA NICS delays sit because they are not subject to the 72 hour automatic proceed provision. ATF claims that they haven't had issues with that recently, so the differences in NFA processing time likely don't have anything to do with NICS.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I heard a rumor that people with past military / top secret clearance in past get delayed in NICS, possibly contributing? Any truth to that? Or is it just luck of the draw?
    I don’t think it affected any of mine, I got all three right in the normal time window people were posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I don’t think it affected any of mine, I got all three right in the normal time window people were posting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Normal like 45-60 days?

This calendar year my track record is:

30 days
    14 days
    14 days
    10 days

Site Supporter

Digital signatures on Form 5320.23?

I’m doing some SBR Form 1’s, assigning them to a trust.
    The pdf filler I’m using (cleverly named “pdfFiller”) has the ability to create and use digital signatures.
    I’ve done so, and used them on the 5320.23 “Responsible Person” forms. The form instructions seem to allow digital signatures for eforms, but the eforms site refers to “signed and scanned pdf”.

Has anyone here used the digital signature option, with good results?

I’m about ready to start submitting the Form 1s, but am waiting for a reply from the eform sites “Ask the Experts” on this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post
    I’m doing some SBR Form 1’s, assigning them to a trust.
    The pdf filler I’m using (cleverly named “pdfFiller”) has the ability to create and use digital signatures.
    I’ve done so, and used them on the 5320.23 “Responsible Person” forms. The form instructions seem to allow digital signatures for eforms, but the eforms site refers to “signed and scanned pdf”.

Has anyone here used the digital signature option, with good results?

I’m about ready to start submitting the Form 1s, but am waiting for a reply from the eform sites “Ask the Experts” on this issue.
    Is DocuSign the same thing as a digital signature? I'm not completely fluent with all the terminology.

If it is, then yes. Every time I purchase something from my dealer they use the silencer shop system to process a form 4, they will have me DocuSign the responsible persons questionnaire. And it has worked fine every time I've done it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Is DocuSign the same thing as a digital signature? I'm not completely fluent with all the terminology.

If it is, then yes. Every time I purchase something from my dealer they use the silencer shop system to process a form 4, they will have me DocuSign the responsible persons questionnaire. And it has worked fine every time I've done it.
    I’m not sure if it’s the same thing, or not. The app I’m talking about puts a digital image of my signature in the blank, with a tiny note saying “verified by pdfFiller” and a date and timestamp. I think I’ve also used whatever system you’re describing when using Silencer Shop. But I’m pretty sure that with an eForm 4, you can use digital fingerprint cards, too, while for an eForm 1, they need to be mailed in…. So the ATF’s processes do not seem uniform.

I could have sworn that some here mentioned that the ATF had always gotten back to them within 24 hrs on questions.
    They must not have been using the “Ask the Experts” tab on the eForms site, as I’ve submitted two questions in the past 48 hrs, and nothing but crickets…

FWIW, my other question was how to properly reflect 300 BLK as a caliber on the Responsible Person form.
    I’ve gone with “.300 cal”, as I’ve read that things like .338 Lapua should be entered as “.338 cal”.

If anyone knows the correct answer on that, I’m all ears.

I could have sworn that some here mentioned that the ATF had always gotten back to them within 24 hrs on questions.
    They must not have been using the “Ask the Experts” tab on the eForms site, as I’ve submitted two questions in the past 48 hrs, and nothing but crickets…
    May have been me.

I used that service twice when creating a Form 1 earlier this year. They got back to me right at 24 hours both times. Then I used it a third time regarding issues with form 4. Absolutely zero response several weeks ago now.

Site Supporter
    May have been me.

I used that service twice when creating a Form 1 earlier this year. They got back to me right at 24 hours both times. Then I used it a third time regarding issues with form 4. Absolutely zero response several weeks ago now.
    Great. I guess I’ll have to just throw down and hope I guess right.

Thanks for resetting my expectations for ATF customer service.

Thanks for resetting my expectations for ATF customer service.
    [ cynical worldview hat going on]

You and I are not the customers of the ATF. Joe is. And he is perfectly satisfied with their service if it means that the rest of us are in the dark, or get our forms denied, Etc.

Site Supporter
    [ cynical worldview hat going on]

You and I are not the customers of the ATF. Joe is. And he is perfectly satisfied with their service if it means that the rest of us are in the dark, or get our forms denied, Etc.
    Not arguing with you (really!)

But Joe is the boss.
    We're still the customers. Both from as the people they "Protect and Serve", and as the ones paying for the service, both through our income tax, and our NFA taxes. If I'm writing you a check, I'm definitely a customer.

But I get what you're saying, and share your frustration.

User Tag List