Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

I had an eForm 4 come back approved in ~180 days last month. Trust with two responsible persons. Much faster than I expected.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I have hope that I’ll see my silencers before the end of the year. 3/1 is the oldest.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Times are trending down some. I imagine getting through a bulk of the brace rule applications and the continued lack of demand in the industry is "helping" with that.

Site Supporter
    11/30/2022 for a Dead Air Mask in a trust.

ETA: Still pending.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by DaBigBR View Post
    Times are trending down some. I imagine getting through a bulk of the brace rule applications and the continued lack of demand in the industry is "helping" with that.
    The braces didn't affect the paid tax stamps as those who approved tax stamp aren't the same people who are approving braces and vis versa.

At least some of them were farmed out to field offices for processing, but I do not think it was 100% of them. Normal Processing times for Form 4s increased roughly in line with the brace applications and have come down about 60 days in the last couple months as a bulk of the brace applications have been completed (but not my two).

Site Supporter
    E-filed an Individual F1 on my Sig P556 on 8/31, got it back this morning...so 23 day turn-around. Not too bad...

Does anyone know why Form 1s generally get approved so much faster than Form 4s? Are there just that many more Form 4s being submitted in the system that it’s a numbers problem? I’m guessing almost every suppressor is transferred on a Form 4 as opposed to created on a Form 1 and suppressor probably make up the majority of NFA firearms. There are exceptions, of course. My last Form 1 and Form 4 both took ~180 days but that’s not typical for either type of form.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I’m at 90+ on an eForm 1 - this is getting annoying, especially after the 6+ months for my amnesty ones.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’m at 90+ on an eForm 1 - this is getting annoying, especially after the 6+ months for my amnesty ones.
    Your Amnesty eForm SBR’s took 6 months?? am I correct in understanding that as long as the application is been submitted, and you can show a copy of it, having been submitted, that it’s legal to keep the brace on the weapon until a final determination?

I turned mine in right before the deadline. So it’s been 4 so far. I was getting concerned that something was amiss with my application. I’m a little surprised, considering supposedly, so few people actually complied and filled out the forms. do you think that that would make things move a little quicker 🤷.
    Last edited by Chomps; 10-02-2023 at 08:18 PM.

User Tag List