Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

FWIW, when I picked up my can yesterday my FFL guy stated efile submissions were running at about 100 days. 🤷🏼*♂️

I will be buying an SBR over the winter and using efile. I’m hoping it’s the 100 days vs 1 year and two day wait for my can.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Well, after a couple of weeks without a response from ATF to any of my questions, I called the help desk again and the person said it shouldn’t matter if the county for my physical address is different from the county for my mailing address. I decided to submit a Form 1 to see what happens. This will be for a trust with two responsible persons. We fingerprinted ourselves on blue cards ordered from the ATF website.

Form 1 eFiled on 8/18
    Fingerprints mailed 8/20

I’ll probably submit another one in a week or so to get my other pistol done.

Question about my second one which is an AR pistol built on a stripped Wilson Combat lower receiver. The lower doesn’t have a model number at all. eForms has a bunch of models available on the drop down menu once you select Wilson Combat as the manufacturer and one of the options is the generic “AR15.” That option allows me to select 5.56 as the caliber. Would that work? There’s another option under model that is the part number/SKU of the stripped lower I ordered. When you select that one, the only option for caliber is .458. There also appears to be an option that’s definitely some previous applicant’s serial number. I just though that one was funny.
    The first eForm 1 was approved today 10/7/22, so about a month and a half from the date the ATF received our fingerprints (8/25/22). They accepted the fingerprints we did ourselves. I was hoping to have one of those forms approved in a week or two, but a month and a half definitely isn't anything to complain about considering the last NFA item I dealt with was a suppressor on a paper Form 4 that took about seven months.

Shortly after I originally posted this, the thread about the leaked ATF documents came out and I decided not to submit the Form 1 on the AR pistol yet. I'm going to wait and see if the ATF starts handing out free tax stamps come December as part of some pistol brace amnesty. Worst case scenario, they don't hand out free stamps and I just pay the tax that I was originally planning to pay anyway and I might have to wait longer for the approval because everyone else with a braced pistol will also be submitting an eForm 1.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

The first eForm 1 was approved today 10/7/22, so about a month and a half from the date the ATF received our fingerprints (8/25/22). They accepted the fingerprints we did ourselves. I was hoping to have one of those forms approved in a week or two, but a month and a half definitely isn't anything to complain about considering the last NFA item I dealt with was a suppressor on a paper Form 4 that took about seven months.

Shortly after I originally posted this, the thread about the leaked ATF documents came out and I decided not to submit the Form 1 on the AR pistol yet. I'm going to wait and see if the ATF starts handing out free tax stamps come December as part of some pistol brace amnesty. Worst case scenario, they don't hand out free stamps and I just pay the tax that I was originally planning to pay anyway and I might have to wait longer for the approval because everyone else with a braced pistol will also be submitting an eForm 1.
    Thread?
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Thread?
    It's the Pistol Brace Amnesty thread that's a couple below this one in the NFA subforum. You've posted in it.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

It's the Pistol Brace Amnesty thread that's a couple below this one in the NFA subforum. You've posted in it.
    Ah, I thought you meant a new thread with additional info.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Couple of Form 4 stamps just came back for paper trust... after 15 months. Ouch.

Seven months and counting. E-filed with the govt and their goal of ninety days seems like another attempt for government infringement. Wolverines!!!

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
    Seven months and counting. E-filed with the govt and their goal of ninety days seems like another attempt for government infringement. Wolverines!!!
    Yep I a CGS Mod9 SK pending 3/10 that I am still waiting on . From tracking the reddit NFA thread it looks like its coming up. They are posting control #s which appear to numerically additive. Last I checked i am around 10,000 behind the most recent one I saw...

Lord have mercy on my late July submission

I had one submitted 4/10 that was approved in 75 days. Another submitted 4/13, 180+ days and still counting.

It's like the wheels suddenly fell off.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I had one submitted 4/10 that was approved in 75 days. Another submitted 4/13, 180+ days and counting.

It's like the wheels suddenly fell off.
    I think a few eForms end up jumping the line to juice average time to approval stats.... but looking at the reddit eForm 4 thread, a majority of recent approvals were submitted roughly first week of march. So that's where the front of the line is sitting right now...

User Tag List