Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Individual vs. Trust making a difference?
    Possibly. Mine is a trust. Although I did use the 24 month exemption.

Individual vs. Trust making a difference?
    Mine was individual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    We just had a form 4 for a Ballistic Research & Machine can come back in 29 days. It was E filed on Jan 17th and came back this morning approved. We have stuff that we E filed earlier that hasn't come back yet so we don't know if this is a fluke or the new normal....but its a good sign I think.
    Well.. dang! I have two eForm 4s I filed on 1/17th myself... fingers crossed!!

cashed 1/17/22
    eforms form 4s returned approved 3/3/22

Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    cashed 1/17/22
    Congrats!!! That's awesome.

Individual or trust?

cc

Congrats!!! That's awesome.

Individual or trust?

cc
    Sorry. Forgot to say it was individual

Wow. That’s pretty quick… relatively speaking that is. Might make me jump into an SBR or Suppressor if I don’t have to wait a year or so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Setting aside the implication that this is to my knowledge the only tax form that an individual can't have prepared on their behalf...

Any comment on what this bodes for SOTs who are e-filing form 4s on behalf of their customers? If I'm reading it right (HA! HAHAHA! ha.) businesses who are e-filing on behalf of a customer will have to use their own account, even though the contents of the form would remain unchanged? Which leaves open the question of how a person would get access to duplicates of their approved eform 4. But I assume that's more of a feature than a bug.

Or is this a precursor to a raft of youtube tutorials on how to e-file your own form 4 with a lot of back and forth between you and your SOT/FFL to make sure you get the details of the item being transferred correct.
    An FFL is not filing "on behalf of a customer." The FFL, as the transferror, has always been responsible for completion of the Form 4. For their part, the customer certifies with their username and PIN the same as they would have ink signed before.

The fact that some FFLs may have allowed or even expected the customer to complete the Form 4 of at least their part of the past is irrelevant.

My experience in completing eForm 4s so far is that it is quicker and easier with a lower probability of errors.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Controlledpairs2 View Post
    cashed 1/17/22
    Oh man.... I have 2 cans pending that date myself. Fingers remain crossed...

First time getting a suppressor. How do you know when your e-form 4 is approved? I don’t see any forms listed in my e-forms account. Do I just check the Silencer Shop site?

User Tag List