Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26343536

Thread: eForms coming back

At our shop here in Jacksonville NC we have had approvals come back in as little as two days... Had one form 4 I submitted for a customer on a Saturday afternoon approved and being picked up by a customer at 1200 on Monday when we opened again. We do your entire NFA process in about 20 minutes in shop from the time you point at the can in the case and say I want that one to you walking out the door with a receipt, your form 4 submitted and fingerprints in the mail. We roll the prints at the shop and do your passport photos for the e-file while you are in shop.

We are currently doing about 8 to 10 NFA items a day from the shop, not including silencer shop transfers, which are honestly a huge pain in the ass for us anymore.

Our biggest issue right now is getting more cans into the shop from the distributors. The shortage of suppressors and the stuff to make them is going to become the problem now. We have already seen a dealer price increase on a bunch of stuff and watched some distributors decide that they are only selling stuff at retail or right near it right now. We will keep that in mind next sales downturn when you are blowing up our phone begging us to buy from you... just saying...But the shortage is real, if a place has the one you want, jump on it because we/they are probably gonna struggle to get another one in at this point for a bit. We currently have orders out for about 90k worth of cans, not sure when they are all going to arrive.
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    I chose it instead of the HRT specifically for the flow through design. If the HRT was made with a flow through design, I probably would've bought both

What were your impressions between shooting both? I haven't seen an HRT at all, and still haven't got out to shoot the DL5 yet.
    I got the chance to shoot them one after the other at the Griffin Armament booth at Capital Armory’s suppressor shoot last month. Their booth was surprisingly not that busy, or at least they were letting shooters try out many items in one interaction rather than shoot one or two and go back to the end of thr line. So I got to shoot them both on the same 11.5” host, only 5 rounds each though.

I honestly couldn’t tell too much of a difference between them in such a small opportunity. Backpressure seemed very similar which matches what others have been reporting who claim to own both. The shorter but heavier HRT was not noticeably heavier than the (5.9”) 2.5oz it has on the longer but lighter (6.5”, 11.80z)DL5. I almost imagine that heavy firing and running drills would see the flow through DL5 perform better than the “eco flow” HRT. I admit, reading about agencies buying them and that it appears to outperform the Surefire RC2 in noise and signature reduction in a shorter package (secondhand info still), but it does intrigue me.

I have a feeling I’ll end up with one of each at some point and if I had the money I would outright buy both too.

User Tag List