Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

i may be wrong but I thought you have to physically send in cards within ten days of efiling the app.

No more physical photo though. You upload your pic while efiling. You can use your phone to take the pic. I actually took a pic of the pic that Identogo took for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Magsz View Post
    I need the EFT file. I don't need physical card prints.

Unless i'm misunderstanding what you're saying?
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Slightly off topic but probably on topic enough.

I am having a can sent to my dealer that is NOT a silencershop dealer.

How in the holy hell do I get electronic finger prints done so I can complete an E form 4 application?
    I believe you still have the option of using regular fingerprint cards. The electronic version is certainly more preferable and easier to deal with, but they will still accept physical cards.

With that being said I do not consider myself an expert and therefore it is probably best to check with the dealer or contact the ATF directly and ask.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    i may be wrong but I thought you have to physically send in cards within ten days of efiling the app.

No more physical photo though. You upload your pic while efiling. You can use your phone to take the pic. I actually took a pic of the pic that Identogo took for me.
    That is currently how an E form 1 works my good man.

The E Form 4 is different.

I am 99% sure that you can still send in physical print cards, however, I'm not sure if they give you a cover sheet like they do for the form 1. I also don't want to chance sending in physical print cards and having my application delayed.

That is currently how an E form 1 works my good man.

The E Form 4 is different.

I am 99% sure that you can still send in physical print cards, however, I'm not sure if they give you a cover sheet like they do for the form 1. I also don't want to chance sending in physical print cards and having my application delayed.
    Keep us posted. I'm curious to see what the solution is.

Both of the class 3 dealers local to me are silencer shop affiliates, and they use their system even for items that they have in stock locally. Surely there exists a solution for the smaller, non-affiliated dealers all around the country.

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Keep us posted. I'm curious to see what the solution is.

Both of the class 3 dealers local to me are silencer shop affiliates, and they use their system even for items that they have in stock locally. Surely there exists a solution for the smaller, non-affiliated dealers all around the country.
    Ok.

As it stands right now, this is what i've got.

Standard finger print cards are still accepted. They are sent to the ATF via the same manner as a Form 1. There will be a cover sheet generated and you may mail two finger print cards to the address listed on the cover sheet.

Apparently, the company "PrintScan" can produce the required file which will be emailed to you and can be used in perpetuity, at least for now. I don't know if the ATF will ever stipulate a rule regarding how often "fresh" prints need to be reproduced. From what i've been told, these prints cost 45 dollars. Not bad if you can essentially use that file forever.

Lastly, I emailed the ATF with my questions. We will see what they say.

I called the "ask the expert line" and the guy who answered was super apologetic and told me that they have ZERO training to answer those questions and they're an IT branch set up to help people log into their accounts. He was super nice about it but not exactly helpful.

I finally got an email this morning from ATF. My Form 1 for converting a Mossberg Shockwave to an SBS was approved. 72 days.

This afternoon I got a second email. My Form 1 for converting an AR pistol in 300BK to an SBR was approved. 70days.

Different ATF officials on the two approvals.

Going to the engraver tomorrow.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

I got my approval yesterday for a suppressor submitted in February. 162 days.

Hopefully pick it up next week.

Was that a Form4 or a Form1?

Quote Originally Posted by Not HighSpeed View Post
    I got my approval yesterday for a suppressor submitted in February. 162 days.

Hopefully pick it up next week.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    Was that a Form4 or a Form1?
    E-filed Form 4 for a suppressor. Sorry for being vague.

Form 4 submitted 2/11/22, approved 8/12/22.

User Tag List