Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    First time getting a suppressor. How do you know when your e-form 4 is approved? I don’t see any forms listed in my e-forms account. Do I just check the Silencer Shop site?
    The ATF will send you an email with a pdf of your approved form with the stamp.

Site Supporter
    Eform 4 - Silencerco Omega 300
    submitted/cashed - 01/14/22
    Trust (1 responsible person)
    Approved - 03/30/2022
    74 days

Now I'm just waiting on SiCo to send me my BOGO Octane 45 so I can do it all again.

Quote Originally Posted by Seven_Sicks_Two View Post
    Approved - 03/30/2022
    74 days

Now I'm just waiting on SiCo to send me my BOGO Octane 45 so I can do it all again.
    Cool!

I've got 2 form 4's submitted 4 days later.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Approved - 03/30/2022
    74 days

Have 2 pending on the 17th as well, fingers crossed!!

Purchased my 1st can back in May 2021. Never thought I would want one until I screwed up and hurt on of my ears. Ordered a Sandman the next day. Check cashed in June 2021. Approaching 10 months now for a Form 4. This is frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Purchased my 1st can back in May 2021. Never thought I would want one until I screwed up and hurt on of my ears. Ordered a Sandman the next day. Check cashed in June 2021. Approaching 10 months now for a Form 4. This is frustrating!
    Yeah. NFA stuff is definitely not for the instant gratification type. The form 4's I submitted back in Jan were for items paid for in mid-November. It took that long to get eforms up and running and to get software kinks worked out. Got another suppressor purchased 3/11 and it's still somewhere between Silencer Shop and my dealer, so the form 4 hasn't been submitted yet.

Of course I look at Silencer Shop's website last week and it says they've had form 4's completed in 7 days in some instances.

I've been wondering where they are in terms of processing all of the paper forms filed last year.
    Last edited by ccmdfd; 04-03-2022 at 10:14 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    ...I've been wondering where they are in terms of processing all of the paper forms filed last year.
    The scuttlebutt around NFA groups on Reddit and FB is that there is a different set of examiners for paper Form 4s vs eForms.

Granted, the reported approval dates in the NFA groups aren't representative of everyone, but it looks like the bulk of current paper approvals were submitted in April/May 2021.

Site Supporter
    The scuttlebutt around NFA groups on Reddit and FB is that there is a different set of examiners for paper Form 4s vs eForms.

Granted, the reported approval dates in the NFA groups aren't representative of everyone, but it looks like the bulk of current paper approvals were submitted in April/May 2021.
    That's not scuttlebutt, NFA Division confirmed that was the case at SHOT Show. Once the paper backlog is clear (when they get to December 2021 the number of paper submissions should drop significantly), more of those examiners will be reassigned to the eForms side.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    First of my pending eForm 4s just went though! Turbo K.

Strangely, approval came for just one of the 2 I submitted on 1/31. No approvals yet for the 2 other eForms I filed 1/17.

Hopefully the other 3 aren't far behind!

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    First of my pending eForm 4s just went though! Turbo K.

Strangely, approval came for just one of the 2 I submitted on 1/31. No approvals yet for the 2 other eForms I filed 1/17.

Hopefully the other 3 aren't far behind!
    Congrats!

Looks like the new system is working like the old one. Depending upon which examiner gets your particular application, you can have a long wait or a very short one.

User Tag List