Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I think a few eForms end up jumping the line to juice average time to approval stats.... but looking at the reddit eForm 4 thread, a majority of recent approvals were submitted roughly first week of march. So that's where the front of the line is sitting right now...
    That information coincides with another major rifle forum's information.

It appears as though stamps are coming back from 3/6-3/10ish.

Unfortunately, approval times seem to be continually creeping up. I wonder where or when that trend will stop and potentially reverse. I don't see that happening anytime soon. The ATF's hopeful projection that they would be at a 90 day approval period by the end of 2023 seems to be fanciful thinking.

I have a late July submission i'm waiting on and i'm crossing my fingers I'm at least still in a time frame where a seven month approval appears to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    Yep I a CGS Mod9 SK pending 3/10 that I am still waiting on . From tracking the reddit NFA thread it looks like its coming up. They are posting control #s which appear to numerically additive. Last I checked i am around 10,000 behind the most recent one I saw...

Lord have mercy on my late July submission
    I don't follow Reddit. I have seen some posts on other forums however that state the ATF may start processing things in batches. Since you have a submission from March, it's possible that they would approve your July submission at the same time.

Have you heard anything similar?

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    I don't follow Reddit. I have seen some posts on other forums however that state the ATF may start processing things in batches. Since you have a submission from March, it's possible that they would approve your July submission at the same time.

Batch approvals are already a thing. There is no pattern or explanation as to how the ATF batches things.

I've only ever had two cans batched and they were submitted together. I've had five cans pending approval at one point in time but none of those were batched.

I'm sure if the ATF starts batch approving cans people will bitch and moan and ruin it as its not "fair". Humans ruin everything.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post

Reddit is not a good source for high quality info but because of the broad userbase I find their NFA data pretty helpful.

I have had a bunch of cans go through the new eForm 4, several same day submissions, never batched. Not especially hopeful. Have not seen any evidence of this anywhere online either

I had to update a headshot for Silencer Shop yesterday (my paper Form 4 is now in month 13) and they said eforms are averaging seven months.

Individual eForm1 submitted 9/5/22, approved 10/19/22.

Individual eForm 4 filed 3/21, approved 11/28.

I got DoD clearances more quickly than I got my silencer. C’est la vie.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergeron View Post
    Individual eForm 4 filed 3/21, approved 11/28.

I got DoD clearances more quickly than I got my silencer. C’est la vie.
    Good comparison.
    I had several pretty high-level clearances, and none took even half as long as either of my suppressor Forms 4.
    Pretty sad, since I paid out of my pocket for the suppressor tax, and the taxpayers collectively paid for my security background checks.

Site Supporter
    My Eform 4 Trust should be going in (if it’s not already). Sigh. I’m expecting 9 months.

https://www.silencershop.com/atf-wait-times

This wait time seems to jive with what I’m seeing elsewhere.

NFATracker is a good resource as well.

https://www.nfatracker.com

I’ll make sure everything is good with the FFL in question and then just try not to think about it. Buy an ultrasonic cleaner and RDS/mount for the 22/45 I bought and am waiting for as a host.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Man, a little over 1 month ago we were talking about 7 month wait times. Now it's up to 9?!

Wheels seem to have fallen off the system.

User Tag List