Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Dear ATF eForms account user,

This email serves as a reminder that your access to ATF’s eForms portal is conditioned upon continued compliance with the ATF eForms rules of behavior.

The ATF eForms rules of behavior expressly states that “the USERID, password, and PIN are to be used solely for personal use, or in connection with the performance of your work-related responsibilities as a bona fide employee if your responsibilities require the use of ATF’s eForms on behalf of a business entity. Use of your USERID, password, or PIN by anyone other than yourself is expressly prohibited.”

Further, the ATF eForms rules of behavior states that “a federal firearms licensee (FFL) cannot submit any eForm on behalf of a customer or another FFL where the customer or other FFL must have their own account.” This means that the submission of any ATF eForm must be made by the appropriate account holder. For example, an FFL may not submit an eForm 1 on behalf of a maker because the FFL is not the maker of the firearm. Similarly, an FFL cannot use another FFL’s eForms account to submit any eForm on behalf of the other FFL.

Violations of the ATF eForms rules of behavior is considered a breach of system security and will result in ATF taking action against your ATF eForms account, up to and including account termination.
    Setting aside the implication that this is to my knowledge the only tax form that an individual can't have prepared on their behalf...

Any comment on what this bodes for SOTs who are e-filing form 4s on behalf of their customers? If I'm reading it right (HA! HAHAHA! ha.) businesses who are e-filing on behalf of a customer will have to use their own account, even though the contents of the form would remain unchanged? Which leaves open the question of how a person would get access to duplicates of their approved eform 4. But I assume that's more of a feature than a bug.

Or is this a precursor to a raft of youtube tutorials on how to e-file your own form 4 with a lot of back and forth between you and your SOT/FFL to make sure you get the details of the item being transferred correct.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Setting aside the implication that this is to my knowledge the only tax form that an individual can't have prepared on their behalf...

Any comment on what this bodes for SOTs who are e-filing form 4s on behalf of their customers? If I'm reading it right (HA! HAHAHA! ha.) businesses who are e-filing on behalf of a customer will have to use their own account, even though the contents of the form would remain unchanged? Which leaves open the question of how a person would get access to duplicates of their approved eform 4. But I assume that's more of a feature than a bug.

Or is this a precursor to a raft of youtube tutorials on how to e-file your own form 4 with a lot of back and forth between you and your SOT/FFL to make sure you get the details of the item being transferred correct.
    Great questions.

I wondered the same thing myself when I read that email.

Can finally arrived at my dealer and we got the form 4 filed.
    Name:  EDDD6606-3F49-4B58-A5C4-F8635FFD0D43.jpg
Views: 270
Size:  28.8 KB

Has anyone recently tried to access eForms since the changes using an iPad or iPhone? I used to be able to do it, but not anymore. No problem with a Windows PC.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

I just submitted a form 1 for a suppressor. I guess I will see how it goes.
    We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    Has anyone recently tried to access eForms since the changes using an iPad or iPhone? I used to be able to do it, but not anymore. No problem with a Windows PC.
    I did mine on my phone

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I did mine on my phone
    I even tried the help desk (where one of the options is to be connected to the JTTF, lol) and they couldn’t help. I’ve tried Safari, Firefox and Chrome on the iPad. No problems at all with the Windows PC.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Got it

Finally got my first submission approved (two weeks after the second and third ones), took 40 days.

Maybe because my picture uploaded sideways? Or maybe because the quality of the SilencerShop fingerprints were worse than the ones I got locally?

Or maybe for no reason at all?

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Finally got my first submission approved (two weeks after the second and third ones), took 40 days.

Maybe because my picture uploaded sideways? Or maybe because the quality of the SilencerShop fingerprints were worse than the ones I got locally?

Or maybe for no reason at all?
    Your e-filed form 4(s) took 40 days?

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Your e-filed form 4(s) took 40 days?
    Sorry, it’s a form 1 for an SBR.

User Tag List