Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: eForms coming back

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Man, a little over 1 month ago we were talking about 7 month wait times. Now it's up to 9?!

Wheels seem to have fallen off the system.
    It is the Federal government unfortunately - we can’t do much.

https://youtu.be/Z8qqd5bie1o

Hopefully the TX AG can help us out on our silencer wait times.

ETA: This will be my fastest NFA wait time if it goes at 9 months though. I just sit and think I’d like my Dad to shoot it and how his health is - I don’t know that that will happen (he lives a state away and his health is not great). It easily triggers me into how frustrating the NFA process is.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    It is the Federal government unfortunately - we can’t do much.

https://youtu.be/Z8qqd5bie1o

Hopefully the TX AG can help us out on our silencer wait times.

ETA: This will be my fastest NFA wait time if it goes at 9 months though. I just sit and think I’d like my Dad to shoot it and how his health is - I don’t know that that will happen (he lives a state away and his health is not great). It easily triggers me into how frustrating the NFA process is.

I follow Capital Armory's website. They track things a little bit differently by listing the date ranges for the approvals coming in. It seemed like they were stuck on February / March for at least 2 months, maybe even three or four. I didn't keep notes. Now they've been stuck on March / April for quite some time. If it's taking them three or more months to clear out one month of applications, and they're still receiving applications during those three to four months then obviously things are going in the wrong direction

Well, the eforms I submitted back in April finally came back... denied because "full trust was not attached" (bullshit, it was). No request for clarification, no option to upload again, just denied. On Christmas Eve no less. Who says ATF doesn't have a sense of humor? I hope they all get lumps of coal in their stockings.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Well, the eforms I submitted back in April finally came back... denied because "full trust was not attached" (bullshit, it was). No request for clarification, no option to upload again, just denied. On Christmas Eve no less. Who says ATF doesn't have a sense of humor? I hope they all get lumps of coal in their stockings.

Man, that really sucks! So sorry to hear that especially this time of year.

I am patiently awaiting for one in April also. So much for having the suppressor for deer season this year.

Don't know about form four, but I didn't think they would let you hit the submit button for your form one online without the trust documents being attached.

I've had that kind of error happen before, saying that my RPQ forms weren't attached on an eform 1. (They were.) I legit think there's something busted with the website, to where if you're bouncing around between sections, things don't get saved properly by their server.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rat View Post
    I've had that kind of error happen before, saying that my RPQ forms weren't attached on an eform 1. (They were.) I legit think there's something busted with the website, to where if you're bouncing around between sections, things don't get saved properly by their server.
    How'd it end up for you?

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

How'd it end up for you?
    I resubmitted and it worked that time.

When I looked at the disapproved eform 1 for the first attempt, the RPQ forms were showing as files were showing as 0kb file size. My thought at the time was that it was due to the website being buggy.

When I did my second attempt, I didn't go to previous pages during the submission process. Just entered and double checked everything on each page, to include uploaded files, then hit save on each page before going to the next.

This was a few years ago on an eform 1, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the same bugs were present in the eform 4 system. No personal experience with eform 4s as of yet.

I resubmitted and it worked that time.

When I looked at the disapproved eform 1 for the first attempt, the RPQ forms were showing as files were showing as 0kb file size. My thought at the time was that it was due to the website being buggy.

When I did my second attempt, I didn't go to previous pages during the submission process. Just entered and double checked everything on each page, to include uploaded files, then hit save on each page before going to the next.

This was a few years ago on an eform 1, but it wouldn't surprise me if some of the same bugs were present in the eform 4 system. No personal experience with eform 4s as of yet.
    So I'm back to waiting another 9 months. Joy.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC

So I'm back to waiting another 9 months. Joy.
    That's what it seems like. Shitty situation, my condolences.

As an observer, I feel like if I do another form 4 for myself (trust, four members), I'll just do a paper form. My thought is that if it's gonna take 9+ months anyways, may as well do paper since I can at least do mail corrections with that, rather than deal with this kind of flat denial. At least with the eform 1, the denial is generally within a month or less.

Site Supporter
    That's what it seems like. Shitty situation, my condolences.

As an observer, I feel like if I do another form 4 for myself (trust, four members), I'll just do a paper form. My thought is that if it's gonna take 9+ months anyways, may as well do paper since I can at least do mail corrections with that, rather than deal with this kind of flat denial. At least with the eform 1, the denial is generally within a month or less.
    This thought crossed my mind as I’m about a month in with an EForm 4 with Trust.

I mean… having no recourse to rectify the transfer that’s insane.

It makes me re-live the entire “These shouldn’t be restricted” discourse.
    God Bless,

Brandon

User Tag List