Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Is this grip, trigger control or operator headspace and timing?

Thanks, I’d seen an earlier version of that and actually tried it for a bit but forgot about it after an extended layoff from pistols. I found myself going back to it unconsciously but without torquing my arms inward when I went to the range Monday.

I need to work with it more and see how it works for me.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks, I’d seen an earlier version of that and actually tried it for a bit but forgot about it after an extended layoff from pistols. I found myself going back to it unconsciously but without torquing my arms inward when I went to the range Monday.

I need to work with it more and see how it works for me.

The way Vogel pivots his support thumb forward naturally torques the support hand ... and therefore gun grip - in the opposite direction of barrel flip for better control of follow-ups. A good dry fire exercise to develop muscle memory for that thumb: pick a spot on the wall; extend support arm straight out towards target, support hand open with fingers canted down and thumb extended straight on the same plane as the arm and using thumb to point directly at target. That's the support hand position you want burned into your brain. Worked for me, anyway ... Stay safe.

User Tag List