Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Massad Ayoob - "Shoot to Kill" or "Shoot to Stop"

Massad Ayoob - "Shoot to Kill" or "Shoot to Stop"

As usual Mas is excellent. Thank you for posting this. The case of the police officer is honestly scary to me. Had she said 'no' to the question, I suspect that her sentence would have been much different. One dang word. We could say that she mesed up and that was in a court room at a much later date. I can only imagine how I might mess up during the initial questioning only minutes after the shooting.
    Last edited by CraigS; 12-10-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Mas is the definition of an intellectual asset. I concur that he once again makes great sense while applying a dose of reality. The appeal court punchline at the end pretty much drops the mic on the topic of the video. Thanks for posting.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Those kind words are appreciated.

It's amazing, particularly in these times, how many people don't seem to have gotten the word on this topic.

Great video

Thanks so much for this, @Mas . Though I have been reading your written work for years now
    (4 decades in fact) I cannot help but note that your re-iteration of the basics is so very valuable to the younger or less-focused among us.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

It rare when you feel like you should pay money to listen to a YT video but Mas is of that stature and delivery.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    I personally think it's unfortunate that we don't have portable, reliable devices that could quickly incapacitate multiple attackers at various ranges by immobilizing them completely without any form of harm whatsoever. I would gladly carry that instead of a pistol (once my employer came around to the idea). The fact that the most practical means we have of defending against lethal attack is a device that causes harm and sometimes death is a sad reality, not a goal achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    I personally think it's unfortunate that we don't have portable, reliable devices that could quickly incapacitate multiple attackers at various ranges by immobilizing them completely without any form of harm whatsoever. I would gladly carry that instead of a pistol (once my employer came around to the idea). The fact that the most practical means we have of defending against lethal attack is a device that causes harm and sometimes death is a sad reality, not a goal achieved.
    That's an admirable sentiment. On the other hand, fear of pain, grievous harm, and death may be a deterrent to attackers prior to and during an attack? I would worry if the bad guys could beat, rape, and shoot anyone they want to, but could assume nothing bad--except possible incarceration--will happen to them. Kind of like in gun-free zones, ban states, and much of Western Europe?
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's an admirable sentiment. On the other hand, fear of pain, grievous harm, and death may be a deterrent to attackers prior to and during an attack? I would worry if the bad guys could beat, rape, and shoot anyone they want to, but could assume nothing bad--except possible incarceration--will happen to them. Kind of like in gun-free zones, ban states, and much of Western Europe?
    Even worse, what happens when they have the means...?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

User Tag List