Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Reality - Ken Hackathorn

The New Reality - Ken Hackathorn

Ken said the old #1 rule in LE, get home at the end of your shift in one piece. I heard that many times from my LE friends.

The new #1 rule, if you don't get out of your car you can't get in trouble! Terribly sad that we have come to this.

30 seconds of information packed into ten minutes.

Cliff notes version -- avoid self defense shootings, the police are demoralized, and you need some practice ammo.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Sad indeed and people wonder why the crime rate is going up. God bless our LEOs.

Site Supporter
    TLDW: Best plan - avoid, disengage. Stock up on ammo, as you can’t anticipate the next shortage.

Probably not new info for many of us here, but I’m pleased to see him putting it out there for those that still need to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amp View Post
    Sad indeed and people wonder why the crime rate is going up. God bless our LEOs.
    Waterbury Connecticut yesterday. Police Supervisor meets 3 juveniles in stolen car after they robbed kids at the morning bus stop. Really really sad that our society has devolved to this level! There was no attempt to stop the juveniles they managed to stop themselves with the use of the police Tahoe. Of course they fled the scene on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    30 seconds of information packed into ten minutes.

Cliff notes version -- avoid self defense shootings, the police are demoralized, and you need some practice ammo.
    Thanks! That saves me from clicking on it.

I usually watch their videos at 1.5-1.75x speed…

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    Thanks! That saves me from clicking on it.

I usually watch their videos at 1.5-1.75x speed…
    I really enjoy listening to Bill and Ken talk about the history of modern firearms.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Crime rates. Murders up sharply for some years now. Violent crime short of murder not that much.

(FBI slides courtesy of https://www.bbc.com/news/57581270 )

Attachment 80850

Attachment 80851

And not much in the way of spikes in property crimes apparently.

https://policyadvice.net/insurance/i...me-statistics/

Historically quite low from bad old days peaks. But I would have assumed all of the categories were climbing.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really enjoy listening to Bill and Ken talk about the history of modern firearms.
    And they should stick to that. Ken is a great source for the history of how we got from the FBI crouch to the present day. I've also said he could reach in a bag of guns, pull out a Steyr Model 1911 (or anything else) and give an impromptu lecture on it. I could listen to that stuff (and have) for hours.

I sped through this video because it was just Ken parroting the narrative of the day. It also pissed me off, because I know cops that are out there actively doing their jobs, and the narrative with some groups is that no cops care anymore. Ken should stay in his fucking lane instead of becoming an old man meme.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List