Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Discrete Rifle Case, 34-36 in

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Why not use a duffel bag with a drop bottom? I'm in the process of researching this so I don't have an exact model to recommend yet but there seem to be a lot of options from non-tac companies that look like normal luggage. If you wanted the ultimate rugged option - Eberlestock makes their Hercules duffel but it looks very tactical.

Orvis, Eddie Bauer, High Sierra, and Eagle Creek are all notable brands that have something like that.
    FWIW, it’s been a long time since I tried, but I never had much luck (mis)appropriating non-gun designs for use in carrying rifles. Tried various sports bags, duffle bags, tool bags… I always came back to wanting a bag that looked like it wasn’t a gun bag but performed like a gun bag inside. Among the issues I recall were a lack of toe-down straps in the bags in ci junction with strap-attachment systems that weren’t designed to carry the weight distribution of a rifle, and then of course most of them requiring the rifle to be broken down, which is generally non-optimal to me, but then also lacks dividers. Yes, I’m sure I could spend a bunch of time fiddle-farting around to press a $100+ well-made duffle into service to do all of that, or I can just buy the right tool for the job.

Of course, I’m also not trying to sneak around with a rifle. I just prefer it not be totally obvious that it’s a rifle going in and out of hotels or (at the time) in front of the neighbors in a zero-lot-line neighborhood. Although, in that circumstance, it was pretty amusing to have a nosy neighbor walk over and say “whatcha got in the bag” and me reply with “machine gun and 500 rounds of ammo”.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

With all of the above said, I love the look of this thing. I wish they’d make it in blue and white, or red and white. It even has handles on the side (which is the big failing of the Sneaky Bag I have, no handle to carry it horizontally)
    https://www.vanquest.com/rackit-36-g...rt-rifle-pack/

Name:  59507238-8320-4AEF-BF01-CC7FDF75CF41.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  30.3 KB

Name:  8F6C8471-ABEA-4497-9CD8-C89A6558F1A6.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  34.1 KB

Name:  38CDEB25-7808-4F5B-898A-C1B427621FB0.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  47.1 KB

Name:  BF2F4DDD-747A-4FEE-A420-71BE268EF44B.jpg
Views: 266
Size:  34.5 KB

Also, i mentioned up-thread that 5.1a made something, and evidently they DID but DON’T. Looked like this. And IIRC maybe they made it in red/blue and white?

Name:  90B34FDA-C9A6-4AE9-BE6C-9426C6315F7E.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  10.1 KB
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

guitar case

As Joe in PNG suggests, I found one of this model soft case used but intact in a local music store, $30 out the door is what I negotiated. Ran it through the washing machine twice to get the smell of cigarette smoke out but no problem.

Name:  taylor guitar case.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  16.0 KB

I got nothing else after this idea but it doesn't meet the OP's 36in length. Dedicated purpose driven soft padded rifle case with folding stock rifle. Then toss that in an Ikea Frakta (it says 28 3/4 inch but because its soft you may get an extra inch zipped.

I've walked though hotels with this setup and felt pretty good about it. These Frakta bags are not super durable so you can't put a ton of weight in it, but it makes long cases less conspicuous and you get the benefits of your normal rifle case.

Name:  ikea.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  33.0 KB

Repurposed

I haven’t bought one of these yet, but I have eyed these LaCrosse bags a few times.
    They are a companion company to LBX, which is the foreign manufacturing arm of London Bridge Trading. Historically sewn in Peru.
    I have nothing but praise for everything I have purchased from LBX/LBT. Sometimes overbuilt, but not likely to fail.

Name:  B767E3C1-EB0C-4D8C-82B8-C1A321E86BA4.jpeg
Views: 210
Size:  89.0 KB

Also have a field hockey bag for longer boom sticks.
    https://allprotactical.com/all-pro-s...ld-hockey-bag/

I am afraid I see one of those in my future. Price seems nice. Wish they has pictures of the inside.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Also, i mentioned up-thread that 5.1a made something, and evidently they DID but DON’T. Looked like this. And IIRC maybe they made it in red/blue and white?

Name:  90B34FDA-C9A6-4AE9-BE6C-9426C6315F7E.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  10.1 KB
    I bought the shorty version of the 5.11 bag for my (now gone) Tavor. It works well with my 10.5” AR pistol and can transport a 16” gun assembled with about 4” of the stock sticking out of the zipper. I just put a knit cap over the protruding stock to conceal it.

The side pocket in this picture has three 30 round magazines, an HSGI rifle/pistol Taco, a sweater, shimagh, gloves, ballcap, three boxes of 5.56, one box of 9mm and a spare pair of sun/safety glasses. I have also bungied a jacket to the top. While actually pretty low profile, it would have been a better design with backpack straps and a couple bottle pouches on the outside.

User Tag List