Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Let's talk hearing protection!

Let's talk hearing protection!

My new medical insurance that work provides will now pay up to $150 for hearing protection. Yay! Time for a pair of nice electronics I would say.

I
    what should I be looking at?

I'd be interested in any thoughts on Axil GS Extreme ear buds.

I think I'd want Harris and Sons. They're pricey, and require a doctors appointment for molding I think. So maybe they're not what you're thinking.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by NukeRef View Post
    I'd be interested in any thoughts on Axil GS Extreme ear buds.
    I'll let you know. Just received a pair from Optics Planet I got on Black Friday. Trying them at work tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Cory View Post
    I think I'd want Harris and Sons. They're pricey, and require a doctors appointment for molding I think. So maybe they're not what you're thinking.
    That's way out of my price range for sure but thanks for sharing!

Ops-Core AMP NFMI-enabled with the corresponding NFMI earbuds. There's a couple of discount codes floating around for Ops-Core direct if needed (PM me if you need one). Alternatively, a less clean solution could be the ComTac VI Hearing Defender, which has an earplug mode, which outputs the amplified volume more to help overcome earplugs when you're doubled up. Both options are cheaper than Harris & Sons, and probably offer better protection, though they're still quite spendy options.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    I'll let you know. Just received a pair from Optics Planet I got on Black Friday. Trying them at work tomorrow.
    How'd they work out for you? The price is right for me, but I'm getting tired of buying stuff that isn't quite right...

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    How'd they work out for you? The price is right for me, but I'm getting tired of buying stuff that isn't quite right...
    For me, so far....they're not quite right. I guess I have weirdly shaped ears or something, but I've always had a problem with in-ear type earpro. Tried both sizes of foam tips, but neither made a difference for me. Like shooting with no earpro at all for me, which isn't fun. Disappointing, since I saw several positive reviews. Really wanted them to work for me. YMMV of course.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    For me, so far....they're not quite right. I guess I have weirdly shaped ears or something, but I've always had a problem with in-ear type earpro. Tried both sizes of foam tips, but neither made a difference for me. Like shooting with no earpro at all for me, which isn't fun. Disappointing, since I saw several positive reviews. Really wanted them to work for me. YMMV of course.
    Are they compatible with different tips? Perhaps something from the audio world, like the Shure olives, Shure triple flange, or various Comply foamies? I personally use the Comply Canal Tips with my Ops-Core NFMI earplugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Are they compatible with different tips? Perhaps something from the audio world, like the Shure olives, Shure triple flange, or various Comply foamies? I personally use the Comply Canal Tips with my Ops-Core NFMI earplugs.
    I dont know the answer to that....but I'm gonna Google That Shit now.

User Tag List