Thread: Sharp rear sights

Sharp rear sights

I am really tired of sharp rear Ameriglo suppressor height back up sights shredding my shirts. I decided to replace a few with 10-8 rear sights that are much more rounded. These pair with a .315 Ameriglo front. Need to test, but the 10-8 seems like it will be an improvement.

Name:  09C1838A-1ED5-42AC-AB84-ED1CBEF4ADCF.jpg
Views: 335
Size:  32.5 KB

Name:  7B552294-EDE0-43FD-AA19-A566EE9C8239.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  32.4 KB

Name:  C34B9FB2-6188-4789-BF38-752126100822.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  37.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Most gun and sight designers and a lot of gunsmiths do not carry CCW or even in the field. Thus they have no clue about living with a daily carried weapon.

Sharp edges eat holsters clothes and skin. As you have mentioned the HK USP sight placement eats clothes less than P30 placement.

Rounding an edge takes extra effort though CADCAM a should reduce the difference some.

I fully understand that target sights reflect less glare back at the shooter if they are not rounded. Some rounding is helpful for a carry pistol.

I found that I shred t-shirts regardless of sights. From plastic Glock sights to Trijicon night sights to.....

What I started doing was simply lifting my shirt up a little when I get in the car

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

A little diamond file and some cold blue will fix a sharp sight.

I have noticed that the notch does as much damage as the outside corners.

User Tag List