Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooter at bordering school

One your man went after the shooter and took one to the head. Now we have been shut down and multiple schools around us for “social media” threats and the like.

As far as I’m concerned these kids need to hurl whatever is hard, heavy or painful. Distract and then try to overtake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I agree with that. My point was that when I was supporting campus carry, it was suggested that throwing things was an adequate substitute for allowing firearms to reasonable competent faculty. TX did have training programs for such and where I worked we had several. Folks from the service backgrounds and folks who trained with the kind of folks we respect.

Of course, you fight with what you have. I had a knife and pepper spray - best we could do. I noted some reasonable pocket knives on one new prof. Turns out he was a legit SEAL who went back to school to become a geologist. We looked at the glass walls and sighed.

Tney did put in a reasonable door locking gadget. Another nuance, they ran active shooter classes - most of the staff went, only 30% of faculty did. Not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post
    Thanks man. My Aunt actually works there. She is safe but shook up pretty bad.

There is a lot of info coming out on this. Does not look good for local Leo and the school. Like possibly preventable.

We do not have any storage laws I am aware of. Sounds like they may have taken it out this past weekend.

The worst part is, the kid was incredibly accurate. Most we’re headed shots

Giant fiasco for sure.

"Then on Tuesday -- hours before the shooting -- "a different teacher in a different classroom saw some behavior that they felt was concerning, and they brought the child down to an office, had a meeting with school officials, called in the parents, and ultimately it was determined that he could go back into class."
    Authorities say Crumbley soon opened fire outside a school bathroom. "

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/02/us/mi...day/index.html
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I agree with that. My point was that when I was supporting campus carry, it was suggested that throwing things was an adequate substitute for allowing firearms to reasonable competent faculty. TX did have training programs for such and where I worked we had several. Folks from the service backgrounds and folks who trained with the kind of folks we respect.

Of course, you fight with what you have. I had a knife and pepper spray - best we could do. I noted some reasonable pocket knives on one new prof. Turns out he was a legit SEAL who went back to school to become a geologist. We looked at the glass walls and sighed.

Tney did put in a reasonable door locking gadget. Another nuance, they ran active shooter classes - most of the staff went, only 30% of faculty did. Not surprising.
    Just so you are aware I was not responding to your post. I agree with you for sure. Just that these kids need to be taught to fight back.

I have heard a few things that seem credible but until they are further proven I do not want to present false info.

Just so you are aware I was not responding to your post. I agree with you for sure. Just that these kids need to be taught to fight back.

I have heard a few things that seem credible but until they are further proven I do not want to present false info.
    Even when training adult federal employees on Active Shooter response, the "approved solution" is Run, Hide, Fight. Every single curriculum I've seen emphasizes leaving the area first, then hiding in a "safe" location, and only fighting as an absolute last resort.

When I was leading the Protective Service Unit for a 4-star, I had the base Provost Marshal tell me that in the event of an Active Shooter in our HQ, me and mine were to shelter in place. I politely responded that my guys were WAY better trained and equipped than the pistol-only, soft-armored (if that) MPs who'd be responding, and all I would need from him in the event of an AS in our building was ammo bearers.

So I REALLY doubt any "institute of learning" is going to start teaching kids to fight as a first response. Just not happening with today's educators and litigators in power.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Even when training adult federal employees on Active Shooter response, the "approved solution" is Run, Hide, Fight. Every single curriculum I've seen emphasizes leaving the area first, then hiding in a "safe" location, and only fighting as an absolute last resort.

When I was leading the Protective Service Unit for a 4-star, I had the base Provost Marshal tell me that in the event of an Active Shooter in our HQ, me and mine were to shelter in place. I politely responded that my guys were WAY better trained and equipped than the pistol-only, soft-armored (if that) MPs who'd be responding, and all I would need from him in the event of an AS in our building was ammo bearers.

So I REALLY doubt any "institute of learning" is going to start teaching kids to fight as a first response. Just not happening with today's educators and litigators in power.
    Oh I’m aware. 16 years working in public school districts.

My opinion and reality are different. I just don’t see how having them all hide in a corner while they are being shot at is going to save them. I do not think these kids should go find the shooter and engage. But when they are in the room and actively shooting your classmates. Yeah, I believe they should fight. Kids are taught to be victims now.

I’m also aware my opinion does not mean shit to them. But I still believe that most of these shooters are cowards and without the gun they are useless.

The worst part is, the kid was incredibly accurate. Most we’re headed shots
    A John Wick student? I guess you can learn from movies.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Site Supporter
    IIRC, Grossman claimed that video games taught and encouraged kids to be accurate and do head shots. Also, there is research that video games do enhance shooting performance.

The debate being whether video games push kids towards violence or channel the direction of action for kids who are prone to be violent for other reasons. Still not decided and the research is confounded with folks' agenda.

Today has been a Alice refresher type course day, admins came in. And surprisingly it is leaning very heavily on teaching kids to attack the shooter if they are in the room or in immediate danger.

Proper spot to break a glass window to evade and how to barricade and tie or zip tie the doors shut

Site Supporter
    Parents of shooter charged with 4 counts of involuntary manslaughter each. Left the gun out and ignored strong warning signs. DA says gun rights come with responsibility.

User Tag List