Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Active shooter at bordering school

Active shooter at bordering school

Our neighbor school had a active shooter yesterday. Oxford Mi. 15 year old kid. We had a early release and tried to get the kids out of our school. Probably the worst afternoon I’ve had yet.

When you watch the emergency evacuation you really start to think of how poorly executed this shit is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you and yours are safe Trukinjp. Thoughts and prayers to victims and their families.

Site Supporter
    Ditto on that!

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ht/8817406002/

Dad just bought the gun and the son gets his hands on it. There are going to be repercussions for this horror show. What are the MI storage laws if any?

That's terrible, @Trukinjp13. I hope everyone in your family's circle is safe.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    That's terrible, @Trukinjp13. I hope everyone in your family's circle is safe.
    Thanks man. My Aunt actually works there. She is safe but shook up pretty bad.

There is a lot of info coming out on this. Does not look good for local Leo and the school. Like possibly preventable.

We do not have any storage laws I am aware of. Sounds like they may have taken it out this past weekend.

The worst part is, the kid was incredibly accurate. Most we’re headed shots

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

There is a lot of info coming out on this. Does not look good for local Leo and the school. Like possibly preventable.

We do not have any storage laws I am aware of. Sounds like they may have taken it out this past weekend.

Glad your family is safe. What a terrible thing to happen. Hope those guilty get punished to the fullest extent of law.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Student was in school administration two days prior for discussion about behavior issues. Parents were in the day before. The firearm was purchased a few days prior (on Black Friday). The student apparently had reported videos on his phone related to killing. This tragedy was not out of left field.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Student was in school administration two days prior for discussion about behavior issues. Parents were in the day before. The firearm was purchased a few days prior (on Black Friday). The student apparently had reported videos on his phone related to killing. This tragedy was not out of left field.
    And more info will most likely be coming out. It’s disheartening.

Quote Originally Posted by Trukinjp13 View Post

Judas H. Glad you and yours came through a really bad situation.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    Not to depress folks more but this is the stupidest article on school safety that I have ever read. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/02/u...mentsContainer

One quote:

For instance, some students armed themselves with objects like scissors, which could make a perpetrator more likely to shoot, he said. Mr. Guilbault said ALICE training does not endorse students arming themselves with any specific implements, but does discuss using nearby objects to “create distraction.”
    BTW, I do not think that suggesting improvised weapons as THE SOLUTION is useful. I was told that in arguing for campus carry. Throw your laptop! Throw your phone. Carry cans of peas in your school bag. Of course, fighting with what you have is a good idea, my problem was that this was suggested as a truly viable alternative to campus carry.

As far as hiding, there was a move from architects to make classroom walls all glass to have a warm and welcoming environment. So much for hiding. We had all class walls in our new building and lots of big brick pillars and alcoves. Clear that - would be fun.

Read that one young man tried to charge the shooter and paid the awful price. Bless him. The parents should be investigated thoroughly on this one and if culpable - the fullest extent of criminal and civil penalties.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 12-02-2021 at 11:20 AM.

User Tag List