Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239: Yeah or Nay

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Will Sig repair a P239 if one has issues with it?
    I sent one of mine into Sig to have it converted from DAK to DA/SA, in late 2020. They had the parts and did the conversion. So... seems like they could/would still work on one?

It's also worth noting that "The Sig Armorer" now offers a strut/seat setup for the P239.

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/p239.../#post-5845538

So... in addition to smoothing-out the DA pull and making it a lot easier to swap out the mainspring (i.e., you don't have to F with the old-school, roll-pinned strut)... one of the hardest-to-find parts for the P239 (the P239 strut is unique to the P239, and not other Sigs) is now readily available.

I want to order some for my P239s. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    I sent one of mine into Sig to have it converted from DAK to DA/SA, in late 2020. They had the parts and did the conversion. So... seems like they could/would still work on one?

It's also worth noting that "The Sig Armorer" now offers a strut/seat setup for the P239.

https://www.sigtalk.com/threads/p239.../#post-5845538

So... in addition to smoothing-out the DA pull and making it a lot easier to swap out the mainspring (i.e., you don't have to F with the old-school, roll-pinned strut)... one of the hardest-to-find parts for the P239 (the P239 strut is unique to the P239, and not other Sigs) is now readily available.

I want to order some for my P239s. Just haven't gotten around to it.
    Good to know. I haven't looked for parts in awhile but I had it in the back of my mind that they would become available at some point. I think the feds bought large numbers of P-239's for CC back in the day. 22 years is a long production run.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I still have two in my safe. They are amazing examples from another era, of what a quality Sig metal gun was. They shooter bigger than their capacity, but also carry bigger than their capacity.

In a world on 10-15 round, optics ready slimline pistols, they are mostly historical.
    Well said.

I love the P239 for what it is. Mine is a 9mm that wears Nills and Dawson FO sights, is extremely accurate and shoots well better than a gun its size should.

My SIG P365XL with a manual safety does everything the P329 did, but holds more rounds and is lighter and smaller.

It's hard to justify a gun like the P239 these days unless you just really must have a TDA trigger.

Yeah

Quote Originally Posted by ECVMatt View Post
    ...I now have a chance to buy a P239 in 9mm with 10 mags for a good price. It also has Trijicon HD's and the SRT installed as well.While not a 225, it is pretty close. I probably would not CCW the gun, just shoot it at the range or in the desert...
    Lots of great info given in the responses. The P239 is a great pistol. Buy it, try it. It sounds like you have found a pretty good deal.
    Paraphrasing Wyatt Earp: The first shot is twice as important as the second shot, the 2nd shot is twice as important as the 3rd shot, the 3rd shot is twice as important as the 4th shot, the 4th shot is twice as important as the 5th shot…

Had a 239, but it never was a great shooter. Mainspring May have been weak. I bought it because I loved an X’s P225.
    Traded it off.

A decade later, I bought a P225-A1. A smidge bigger than the P239, but a way better shooter for me. Also not as ugly as the pregnant guppy belly on the 239.

I bought a used one shortly after Sig stopped production and support of the P239. If the one you’re looking at comes with 10 mags, buy it. As others have noted, those are the hard part to source, and being an auto-loader, they’re sort of integral to the equation. I like it for what it is. For an AIWB gun in a magazine capacity restricted state, it’s a good choice. Shoots like a bigger gun. Hogue has some good grip options. JM Custom makes holsters for it. I will admit that mine was more for nostalgia and want than any need, and that I carry my P365X far more often, but I really like the P239. (Of course, first gun I ever bought was a Sig P220, so that may have something to do with it…)

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Since it comes with a lot of mags, that's a plus. Isn't this one that Sig quit making mags for?

I kicked one around several times, but just never got one due to how close in size it was to the P229. I just couldn't think of a situation I could carry the P239 that I couldn't carry the P229 except for ban states and I was already using a P245 for that (which, arguably, is an even dumber use of weight/size to capacity). I like my P245 quite a bit, although I can't recall the last time I shot it at this point since returning to AGATT. (All Glock All The Time)
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Since it comes with a lot of mags, that's a plus. Isn't this one that Sig quit making mags for?

I kicked one around several times, but just never got one due to how close in size it was to the P229. I just couldn't think of a situation I could carry the P239 that I couldn't carry the P229 except for ban states and I was already using a P245 for that (which, arguably, is an even dumber use of weight/size to capacity). I like my P245 quite a bit, although I can't recall the last time I shot it at this point since returning to AGATT. (All Glock All The Time)
    I can find them in various places for $40 but the normal suppliers like CDNN don't have them anymore. That tells me that Sig no longer contracts MecGar, or whoever made them before, to supply the Sig dealers. There's somebody on ebay that seems to have an endless supply but they're pricey.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    I'm pretty sure SIG stopped making magazines for the 225/P6. I got two from the last production run about nine years ago.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I'm pretty sure SIG stopped making magazines for the 225/P6. I got two from the last production run about nine years ago.
    Many of you probably already know this, but for those who don't, the P225A1 mags are the same as P239 mags with a different baseplate. I had some spare mags from a 225A1 I sold, ordered some 239 baseplates (I think I got them from Midwest) and swapped them out. Same same with 100% reliabilty.

Still love my P239 9mm, just don't carry it much because Glock is what my agency issues. They are more practical, but completely soulless.

User Tag List