Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sig P239: Yeah or Nay

I have two..in restricted states like California, good house gun (and occasionally carry gun).

In free states, Glock makes more sense. As mentioned by others, it shoots like a large gun. The weight can be an issue.

Magazines are hard to source and holster options are limited.

Site Supporter
    If it is a good price and comes with 10 magazines the 10 magazines might make it worth the price alone. They are getting harder to find and can be expensive. I had one, carried one as a duty gun and one as a backup. I liked my P225 better.

I always thought the 239 was superior to its main rival, the S&W 3913, in every way but looks.

I sold mine years ago and really miss it. My only complaint was the grips lack of traction but that can be fixed. My 239 was a tack driver.

Had a couple back in the early 2000’s.

My examples had the best straight from the factory DA triggers I’ve seen on a SIG. Didn’t need any trips to Grayguns, etc.

As mentioned by many, they occupy a strange place in the size/capacity/weight spectrum, and thus work well for some but not for others.

I ended up selling them because I never carried them, choosing higher capacity guns which carried similarly.

They should run well as they were from back in the “good old SIG days”, but I do wonder what the spare parts situation is these days. Will SIG work on them? Small parts will wear with usage.

I have two. Real nice shooters for the size. A bit heavy to carry but doable. Mag capacity is only eight and also hard to find, so that's not good. Parts aren't readily available either.

A P-30SK is about the same size, lighter with a 10 rd mag. I have both but still prefer the Sig SRT and controls.

Prices keep going up in the used market so somebody must like them. I bought one of mine for <500 about 5 years ago. I think the street price now is about 700.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Buy it

People sell firearms for various reasons. Most reasons I've heard is they need the money to finance another purchase, not necessarily a firearm or to pay a bill. Other reasons is that the firearm doesn't work as anticipated when it is actually shot. Or isn't reliable.

If you can shoot the pistol before you buy it, do so. That will help with your decision one way or another.

I say buy it. The price for what you get seems reasonable in your opinion. Being a P239, you probably won't have too much trouble selling it if you end up not wanting to keep it. A great way to end the year!!

Site Supporter
    Will Sig repair a P239 if one has issues with it?

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    My answer would be absofuckingly yes....especially if it's a good deal as you said. Love my little 239, but wish it was in 9mm (it's a .40). I carried it as a backup to my 226, but agree that it's a bit heavy and bulky for that. But too heavy as a concealed carry piece? Nah. I've carried fullsize metal guns concealed for 25 years. The 239 is a dream in comparison. You guys need to join @Duke in his gym!

Site Supporter
    The LGS has a couple of 9mm P239s for less than 500 bucks. I’ll go check them out and see if yo quiero. The only thing is if I have issues with them will Sig work on them still.

User Tag List