Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Sig P239: Yeah or Nay

Site Supporter
    @Ptero - 225A1 mags =/= 225 mags.

Site Supporter
    I checked out the P239 at the LGS today. Was in excellent shape, LNIB and $550. Not a bad deal, but I am think I had rather focus my money elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @Ptero - 225A1 mags =/= 225 mags.
    Not according to my experience and Lucky Gunner(https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/a...-the-sig-p239/) see the second to last paragraph. Swapping out the baseplate fixes the issue of sticking out the bottom of a P239.

Site Supporter
    I don't question that the 225A1 mags can work in the 239 by swapping baseplates. I'm just pointing out that the 225A1 mags are not the same as the 225 mags, and don't work in 225/P6s.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I don't question that the 225A1 mags can work in the 239 by swapping baseplates. I'm just pointing out that the 225A1 mags are not the same as the 225 mags, and don't work in 225/P6s.
    Never said 225 mags were compatible with P225A1 mags. Was just pointing out to those interested in P239s that there is an alternative mag available with minimal effort.

Whatever though, rock on with your bad self.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptero View Post
    Never said 225 mags were compatible with P225A1 mags. Was just pointing out to those interested in P239s that there is an alternative mag available with minimal effort.

Whatever though, rock on with your bad self.
    Okay, I misunderstood you. No worries!

Count me as a strong "Yeah". I did CCW a 239 years ago. Very fine little pistols IMHO. Due to the tiny grip, I eventually changed to something that fit my hand better. Still, wish I'd tried slightly larger Nill, Hogue, etc. grips before the 239 went to a new home...

Years ago......

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I checked out the P239 at the LGS today. Was in excellent shape, LNIB and $550. Not a bad deal, but I am think I had rather focus my money elsewhere.
    Years ago I read where Ruger was discontinuing its P90 .45acp pistol. I found one online at a site I had purchased firearms before. The pistol was stainless slide/aluminum frame. 8+1 capacity. Safety/decocker version. I bought the pistol because it was being discontinued. Not a very good reason, but that was my thinking.

So when the pistol came in I had a thought about why it was dropped from Ruger's lineup. Economics for one, metal vs polymer. I guess there was cost savings there. Ergonomics were somewhat non-existant. The front and backstrap were smooth. The grips, though sculpted, offered little traction. Sights were adequate, but could have used a bit more light on both sides of the front sight. Bulky and 8+1 can be thrown in as a negative, but that is a personal observation.

I tell this story for one reason. Don't be me. That is, buy a P239, get it home and say, "Man I could a had a V-8". Or to put it another way, could have gotten a similar sized polymer for about the same price with double the capacity. I think someone on this forum said something to the affect that, "Emotions can lie, but facts don't. Or something close but with the same advice.

Currently by the ocean in CA and on the move to a more free state. Three more years!
    I think I am going to pass. I appreciate all of the info and almost pulled the trigger.

I got a chance to handle on and it is just too small for my hand. I really love the quality and the style, but for the price it just is not worth it.

I guess that means I get to keep shopping before the wife and kids get all my gun money spent on Christmas.

Thanks again,

Matt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock185 View Post
    Count me as a strong "Yeah". I did CCW a 239 years ago. Very fine little pistols IMHO. Due to the tiny grip, I eventually changed to something that fit my hand better. Still, wish I'd tried slightly larger Nill, Hogue, etc. grips before the 239 went to a new home...

My 239 had the standard grips. When I was firearms training coordinator, we traded the last of our 9mm pistols for .40 weapons. Just because I could, I took one of the company guns with Hogue grips to the range. No complaints about the standard grips, but the Hogues were a significant improvement.

User Tag List