Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Interview With Christian Prouteau: MR-73

Interview With Christian Prouteau: MR-73

Prouteau tells Ian that the revolver’s greatest strength was its single action, which allowed very precise shots.

Thanks for posting this. He sounds like he and so many of our revolver SMEs drink from the same fountain of knowledge.
    "If I ever needed to hunt in a tuxedo, then this would be the rifle I'd take." - okie john

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself." - Michel De Montaigne

Site Supporter
    Anyone who does not watch this video is missing out on some good insight.

Site Supporter
    His training philosophy is a far cry from a lot of what I see today, particularly in LE where "shoot them to the ground" seems to dominate.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    His training philosophy is a far cry from a lot of what I see today, particularly in LE where "shoot them to the ground" seems to dominate.
    Dave
    That’s what struck me the most, Dave. The prison hostage situation was a great example.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankB View Post
    Prouteau tells Ian that the revolver’s greatest strength was its single action, which allowed very precise shots.
    Like a set trigger on a rifle.

Great interview. It sounds like we're all going to be packing 5.25" 357s loaded with 2400 next year.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Forgive me a bit of a deviation, but it seems relevant---not sure if this one has made the rounds here before, but this was the property of German GSG-9 commander Ulrich Wegener:

Name:  Wegener S&W - Copy.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  50.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    Forgive me a bit of a deviation, but it seems relevant---not sure if this one has made the rounds here before, but this was the property of German GSG-9 commander Ulrich Wegener:

Name:  Wegener S&W - Copy.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  50.1 KB
    I’m assuming that’s an M19, and Christian said it was the most beautiful gun after the MR-73.

Is that a US quarter in the stocks?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I knew the guy was fairly legendary, but I didn't know why. Turns out he founded and commanded the GIGN, and led dozens of missions. Awesome interview.

User Tag List