Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: Geissele 1.93" T1 Mount

  1. #1

    Geissele 1.93" T1 Mount

    So, I happened to grab one of these during the Black Friday deal. The only choices here, in stock, were Absolute or 1.93" heights. I probably would have went Lower 1/3 if they were available but figured I'd roll the dice on this height. I won't be using this prone at all, it's a home defense rifle exclusively. I've read people such as Steve Fisher and Mike Pannone have a preference for these sort of high mounts for the 'heads up' shooting advantages, so I'm hoping I will be happy in the end here. Anybody with experience using this height want to share your experiences? I'm not a very large guy at 5' 7" so I'm hoping it won't be too tall for me but I've got a big head so maybe that will help, lol.

  2. #2
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT (behind Enemy lines)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I've read people such as Steve Fisher and Mike Pannone have a preference for these sort of high mounts for the 'heads up' shooting advantages, so I'm hoping I will be happy in the end here.
    Mike Pannone is a special case, he is a right handed shooter with no right eye. Mike's riser allows him to reach his left eye while shouldering a rifle on his right side.

    Argument for extra high riser for CQB use.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Mike Pannone is a special case, he is a right handed shooter with no right eye. Mike's riser allows him to reach his left eye while shouldering a rifle on his right side.

    Argument for extra high riser for CQB use.
    Thanks for the video link, that did a great job explaining why high mounts might just be the ticket on AR's. Glad I went high, should make an interesting bit of experience and I'm sure I'll be happy with it if things work for me like they do the guy in the video.

    I always forget the Mike Pannone lost his eye, didn't even think that could have been a factor there.

  4. #4
    Site Supporter David S.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    DFW
    I chose fully extended stock and a 1.93 riser for my LPVO based on the advice of Steve Fisher in several of his Instagram Live videos. I later took his carbine fundamentals class where he recommended it generally for the same reasons given in the above video. FWIW, I vaguely recall him saying that RDS on top of an old school carry handle was something like 2.05 in height.

    I'm also a no-experience nobody with one whole carbine fundamentals class, so there's that.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    I chose fully extended stock and a 1.93 riser for my LPVO based on the advice of Steve Fisher in several of his Instagram Live videos. I later took his carbine fundamentals class where he recommended it generally for the same reasons given in the above video. FWIW, I vaguely recall him saying that RDS on top of an old school carry handle was something like 2.05 in height.

    I'm also a no-experience nobody with one whole carbine fundamentals class, so there's that.
    Thanks for the input and further reference from Steve! You might be a nobody (like me, lol) but AT LEAST you have one heck of a AWESOME avatar, my friend!

  6. #6
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    CT (behind Enemy lines)
    Unity Tactical Riser = 2.26” optical centerline height.

    https://www.unitytactical.com/product/fast-micro-mount/

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Unity Tactical Riser = 2.26” optical centerline height.

    https://www.unitytactical.com/product/fast-micro-mount/
    Wow, didn't realize it was that tall when I watched the video. I think I should be just fine with the 1.93" then, thanks for the link.

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The New World
    The high mounts really shine for passive aiming with NV.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the government?

  9. #9
    I like 1.93” for an Aimpoint. More natural head position/cheekweld, and works a lot better with earpro.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Mississippi
    I prefer the 1.93” for red dots after trying everything from 1.42” all the way to Unity 2.26”. I found the 2.26” was too much. I couldn’t get my head up to the dot in prone, especially with body armor and helmet. Right now I’m running the 1.7” Badger COMM on my LPVOS. With my face structure and shooting style (4th position out on an A5 extension) I found the reticle more naturally vs the 1.93”. But with Micros- the 1.93” works well

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •