Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How the theft of 44 firearms from an L.A. gun store exploded into an LAPD scandal

It's also reminescent of the Brian Molony story.

A bank manager with: (a) a gambling problem and (b) access to a multimillion dollar account gets into a messy situation. Based on the story of the largest one-man bank fraud in Canadian history.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0285861...nm_flmg_act_28

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I probably ought to go back to the Google to look it up. The clerk embezzled millions that she used to keep her horse farm going. She got sentenced to a longish stay at the Martha Stewart Rest Home.
    Lee County. Actually not too far from where I grew up. I forget what year that came to light but it was a big deal.

Didn’t know that one had the same “caught because vacation” feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Hieronymous View Post
    While we have no idea what he was getting for these guns, if the average price were say $750.00, that would be $33,000 grand, spread over time, say four years, $8,250.00 a year on average. That would seem a hell of a risk of your career and pension benefits for that amount.

Do any of our LE Members have thoughts on the value of guns sold on the streets?
    That’s the rational evaluation of the situation. The reality is that most people lead quiet, desperate lives. They steal the money, often for trivial crap. I had one case where a very nice lady stole $80k to fund her QVC habit. Another bought designer handbags, but drove a 10 year old Toyota. Guys usually spend it on gambling, dope, and more rarely, hookers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List