Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse’s Post Trial experience

My father dropped out of High School at the age of 17 and joined the Navy. He got his GED and visited his school, in uniform, with his GED, before his friends graduated.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    I read in several articles that he had dropped out of high school. I've mentioned it before and no one has commented otherwise. Likewise, a google search did kyle rittenhouse drop out of high school? results in numerous news stories from the days after the shooting to just one day ago which state he had dropped out of high school.

Fun story, my youngest son figured out that if he completed his GED during the summer, he didn't have to have his HS principal' permission, or, apparently, mine, either. His motive for doing this was that a guy that owned a chain of Sonics had come to know my son's work and offered to let him manage the Sonic he was currently working at when the owner of the chain opened a second Sonic in our town. It worked out okay for about the four years it took for working 70-80 hour weeks to burn my son out.

Whereupon he decided to join the Army on a Ranger guarantee. That's when the GED bit him in the ass, he had to get, IIRC, a semester of college credits before he could enlist because of the GED.

This was prior to 9/11.
    I saw that you mentioned that, and I saw some articles about that, but don't understand why anyone is saying that. He likely did stop attending his original high school, for whatever reason and whenever that happened, but:

In his trial testimony, almost in the same breath as when he stated he was enrolled at ASU, he stated that he graduated from a particular high school. The name escapes me at the moment, but I recognized the name of the school as an online high school that students at my school have used for credit recovery purposes. Austin Perry, or something like that.

Complete and pure speculation on my part: the riot was in August, just prior to most high schools start date for that year. KR was in jail at the start of what should have been his senior year (17yo in the summer are usually seniors in the fall). KR was not able to attend any physical high school campus for senior year even after getting bailed out of jail, due to publicity and trying to avoid issues. KR therefore completed the requirements for HS graduation through that online high school.

GEDs: Most of the services either do not accept GEDs or only with follow-on college. Those policies vary depending on enlistment needs. The USMC does not accept them, so far as I know.
    Last edited by Duelist; 12-01-2021 at 01:53 AM.

I had a GED at 16, and had to complete 15 college credits to enlist, circa 2007. By 2008 I had the credits nd enlisted at 17.

I don't think the service would be a good place for kyle, he would definetly become a political toy.

How many threads do we have on this topic? is this the only open one now?

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

User Tag List