Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse’s Post Trial experience

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    He was all over Reddit. The threads got memory holed as soon as possible. And the Wisconsin subreddit only allowed posting in one thread, not all over the sub.

Your metric is imaginary. Reddit was so moderated that it is not a measurement of anything.
    You seem to be misunderstand the point I'm making.

He was all over reddit. He is not now. Sanch's post about how he can do no right, can hide nowhere and reddit will haunt him forever like it did Zimmerman is what I was responding to. Reddit is, at present, not fixated on KR. The only way you can still be ingesting reddit content for KR is because the algorithm saw you interact with it before and is feeding you more of it. For the other 99% of the people on reddit he is yesterday's news. Hence the "sterile browser" experiment. And the not sterile browser experiment. I am geographically and interest-wise completely separated from the KR incident and he is not on 'my' reddit either.

And if he STFUs and doesn't go around trying to sell the AR he used on gunbroker he'll probably stay that way for most of his remaining days.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    And the Wisconsin subreddit only allowed posting in one thread, not all over the sub.
    That's also pretty common. Happens literally all the time in /r/austin. Especially when anything remotely hot button comes up, like e.g. Austin PD, any referendum on homelessness or APD, etc. They're all put in a single megathread and everything else locked or deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    ...He was all over reddit. He is not now...
    Because of open heavy moderation or is that a native truth? The satus of Reddit's public face means absolutely nothing in an objective sense. Like I said, you may be right but Reddit's long history of disapearing threads makes it a useless test metric.

are nice midwestern conservatives really this out of touch?
    kyle and his circle think that, after being exonerated in a fair trial, he can move on to a normal college life.

there are hundreds of thousands of deranged lefties who would love set him up so that he goes to jail
    and there are antifa in all the major cities, ready to plug him and 'make things even'

someone teach this kid how to farm, move out to a community far away from the cities, find him a wife at church. he wants to come into town, see the sights of this once great country, boy better be hiding under a beard and a john deer cap for a couple a years until all the lefties have moved their anger onto to some other poor citizens

Somebody with his best interest at heart needs to take him under their wing and keep him out of the public eye and from making stupid public statements. The next thing anybody needs to hear about him is when lawsuits get filed and settled.
    He could take some lessons from the Covington kids family.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Would the military take him? 20 years of rotations to remote bases might let him have a normal second career.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Would the military take him? 20 years of rotations to remote bases might let him have a normal second career.
    He'd need to get a GED and some college, IIRC.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    He'd need to get a GED and some college, IIRC.
    Why? He graduated from HS and the military takes people all the time with no college.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    While I do like the idea. And it might be feasible, it does invite a thought:

Who is the commander in chief of the US military, and what comments, if any, has that person made regarding Kyle that might reveal the military leader’s opinions of Kyle?

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Why? He graduated from HS and the military takes people all the time with no college.
    I read in several articles that he had dropped out of high school. I've mentioned it before and no one has commented otherwise. Likewise, a google search did kyle rittenhouse drop out of high school? results in numerous news stories from the days after the shooting to just one day ago which state he had dropped out of high school.

Fun story, my youngest son figured out that if he completed his GED during the summer, he didn't have to have his HS principal' permission, or, apparently, mine, either. His motive for doing this was that a guy that owned a chain of Sonics had come to know my son's work and offered to let him manage the Sonic he was currently working at when the owner of the chain opened a second Sonic in our town. It worked out okay for about the four years it took for working 70-80 hour weeks to burn my son out.

Whereupon he decided to join the Army on a Ranger guarantee. That's when the GED bit him in the ass, he had to get, IIRC, a semester of college credits before he could enlist because of the GED.

This was prior to 9/11.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

User Tag List