Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kyle Rittenhouse’s Post Trial experience

Site Supporter
    YMMV.

If KR is going to be suing folks for defamation etc. he should have the same caliber of locally affiliated counsel who have access and knowledge of the specifics courts where those suits will be brought. AD is absolutely NOT such an atty.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Is he a "real student" anyway? I got the impression he enrolled in non-degree online classes just a week or two before trial (the implication being the defense team wanted to point to him as a nursing student to make him appear more sympathetic to the jury).

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    YMMV.

If KR is going to be suing folks for defamation etc. he should have the same caliber of locally affiliated counsel who have access and knowledge of the specifics courts where those suits will be brought. AD is absolutely NOT such an atty.
    He does however appear to be the type of attorney who’ll happily hop on the coat-tails of Rittenhouse for a short publicity ride for himself. If you can’t trust a man like that who can you trust?

Still Employable…..

Name:  EEDF1D58-C49B-4BB5-AD3C-E6CD4DE7F667.jpg
Views: 584
Size:  42.9 KB
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    It's all of the usual suspects:

Guess what, morons--he's not ON your campus.

Okie John
    Who wants to take a bet that the majority of one group's membership are also the majority on the other group's. A complete circle jerk.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the consensus so far.

In my opinion, it doesn't matter what Kyle does to "go dark" at this point. Anything he ever does will become some news article, somewhere on the internet, and will cause some anti-gun folks on reddit to post about it, and get circulation on social media. And they'll find a way to spin it because to them, he's literal Hitler. He could be volunteering at an old folks home, and people on Reddit will get a creep shot of him there, and make some comments about how no amount of volunteer work will make up for murder, and comment about how he must be trying really hard to work off that guilty conscious for murder.

If Kyle somehow invented the cure for cancer, Reddit still won't forgive him.

If Kyle goes completely off the radar, locks himself in a basement, and his friends bring him food/supplies, then Reddit will wonder where he's been. Why he's been so quiet? And post about that.

George Zimmerman still comes up years later. Even though he's mostly been off the radar. The next time something happens, then Reddit will make memes to include Kyle and Zimmerman in them, and it will rehash the whole thing. I don't think this ever ends for them. Regardless of what they do.

So, in my opinion, which differs from everyone elses here so far, Kyle might as well embrace it and become pro-2A advocate. He's not going to get a job as a firefighter or a nurse, ever. No administrator would allow that. And he won't be able to interact with regular Joe Public, because if even 1 in 100 of them are anti-Kyle, then it will cause enough of a scene on a regular basis, his employer can't keep him around. Imagine if he could get a job as a nurse, if even a fraction of his patients refused to be in the same unit at him, it would cause problems. Wouldnt even have to be the patients, but the patients families. If one member of the patients family recognizes him, it causes a problem and Kyle can't be a nurse.

Can Kyle get a job working at a grocery store or retail sales or as a plumber? Also no, for the same reasons. Enough of the clients will recognize him and have it be a problem distracting him from the work. And some of the anti-Kyle customers will flat out lie to try to get him fired by making false allegations to his employer. They think he's a white supremacist murderer who violently suppressed the BLM peaceful rally.

But, where can Kyle go get a job? He could go work as a gun store clerk. He could become a gunsmith. He could become a firearms instructor. Of course all trades he'd need to learn over years to be good at. Because virtually 100% of his customers will be pro-Kyle supporters or at the very least, pro-Kyle sympathizers. And while there may be a handful of anti-Kyle lunatics that he bumps into, enough of the other customers around would stand up for him and get the asshole customer to leave. Imagine if Kyle got a job working at a busy gun store and some left-leaning person who considers him a murderer started shouting at him inside the gun store. Compare that to if Kyle was a nurse and a patient's family member started shouting at him. By working in the 2A / gun world, Kyle will get support from peers and customers and drive away any lunatics.

Imagine Kyle is a nurse and a protest of his employment occurs outside the hospital. Now imagine Kyle is a gunstore clerk and a protest occurs outside the gun store. The gun store owner may be thrilled for the free publicity. And even put up marketing signs behind the protesters to drive more traffic to the store. The hospital administrators would not be so thrilled.

I'm not saying Kyle has to go on TV and start a 2A podcast and appear in Trump 2024 campaign ads and frankly, he probably shouldn't become a public figure in the gun community. I am saying Kyle would likely be best served by seeking employment in the firearms industry in some capacity and it's his only chance at having gainful employment. Even if he winds up a millionaire from defamation lawsuits, then what? Invest the money, hope it doesn't run out, hope his accountant doesn't embezzle it, and play Xbox all day the rest of his life? The only productive thing I can see him doing at this point, is guns-related.

Edit: maybe he could get millions of dollars for this, move to a rural county that voted 99% Trump in 2020, and join a volunteer fire department out there. He'd be doing something productive although not for monetary purposes but it doesn't matter if he doesn't need the money. Some volunteer departments do their own training, so Kyle wouldn't be at the mercy of a "college" to accept his enrollment. And this doesn't sound like a bad life. The volunteer FFs I'm friends with absolutely love it and love the brotherhood and the mission. And if they had millions of dollars, would probably do more of it. So... go do this, Kyle
    Last edited by Sanch; 11-30-2021 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    If Kyle somehow invented the cure for cancer, Reddit still won't forgive him.

If Kyle goes completely off the radar, locks himself in a basement, and his friends bring him food/supplies, then Reddit will wonder where he's been. Why he's been so quiet? And post about that.
    I went to the front page of reddit with no account and no cookies in a clean browser and did a Ctrl+F for "rittenhouse". No hits on the first 10 pages. Your reddit experience might be rife with KR content, but that's because you've sought it out and now the algorithm is feeding it to you. Nobody who doesn't give a shit is seeing him on reddit.

Meanwhile, he's featured prominently in 2 threads here in GD trying to meme him into some sort of folk hero status which is a far cry from a week ago where the consensus was "not guilty is the correct verdict but rolling around a riot at midnight was poor judgement, etc. etc."

Having the whole-ass gunternet simping for him is a bad look for the RKBA community.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    I went to the front page of reddit with no account and no cookies in a clean browser and did a Ctrl+F for "rittenhouse". No hits on the first 10 pages.
    Reddit jannies were actively fragging Rittenhouse content through the trial to the point the entire Wisconsin subreddit was locked-down to confirmed residents with an established posting history only. Lack of content in a sterile browser does not imply anything when algorithms, staff, and volunteers were clog dancing on the scale. Your point may be correct but the methodology is flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Reddit jannies were actively fragging Rittenhouse content through the trial to the point the entire Wisconsin subreddit was locked-down to confirmed residents with an established posting history only. Lack of content in a sterile browser does not imply anything when algorithms, staff, and volunteers were clog dancing on the scale. Your point may be correct but the methodology is flawed.
    Locate and state subreddits have that problem often, it's not unique to KR. That he was all over /r/wisconsin or /r/kenosha doesn't mean he's all over reddit for everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by jh9 View Post
    Locate and state subreddits have that problem often, it's not unique to KR. That he was all over /r/wisconsin or /r/kenosha doesn't mean he's all over reddit for everybody.
    He was all over Reddit. The threads got memory holed as soon as possible. And the Wisconsin subreddit only allowed posting in one thread, not all over the sub.

Your metric is imaginary. Reddit was so moderated that it is not a measurement of anything.

User Tag List