Thread: RFI: Value Of A 2012-Vintage Joe Watson Knife

RFI: Value Of A 2012-Vintage Joe Watson Knife

I bought this knife from Joe back via Lightfighter.net when he was just getting started. I also have a Kydex sheath for it. It has been sharpened so there are some marks from that on the blade. Total length is 6". Sharpened edge of the blade is 2.75". Handle is wrapped with 550 cord but is not impregnated with epoxy like some of his later blades.

Name:  Watson Knife Left.jpg
Views: 561
Size:  34.2 KB

Name:  Watson Knife Right.jpg
Views: 638
Size:  40.2 KB

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

I have seen used Watson knives start at $300 and go up from there. Usually they are his current offerings.

I don't know how to value an older knife like you have. There is a Facebook page of users and collectors here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/194809704313147

They may be able to help you.

Anyone else?

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    Okie John,

You may be able to get some sort of idea of the value here:

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...er/watson-joe/

Quote Originally Posted by SLN View Post
    Okie John,

You may be able to get some sort of idea of the value here:

https://www.arizonacustomknives.com/...er/watson-joe/
    Thanks for this. Mine is somewhere between a Magni and a Bloodshark, early enough to not have the wrapping soaked in resin. I ended up joining a book face group to learn more but I've been too busy to check up on it. Maybe as things slow down over the holidays...

Okie John

I still have a Hidden Key made probably a little after yours also directly from him on LF…I bought and later sold a 2nd one a few years ago if I recall I paid $200? and sold for the same. Not sure if his early stuff is “collectible” but I’d assume with his reputation ever growing they may become so at some point.

I bet you can contact Joe directly with your question and he would have an idea about the value.

User Tag List