Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Springfield “Garrison” 1911

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    In a Primary and Secondary modcast, Joe Chambers recommended a 23 lb mainspring and 18.5 lb recoil spring from Sprinco for 5 in guns in .45. I have been using this combination in my Colt as well as following his advice for 9mm 5 in (20/13) and have nothing but good experiences with them.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=O_NrooMVMms&t=16613s
    Thanks! It’s time for me to revisit the Two World Wars podcast again anyway.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I am interested in this gun and I have a Colt Series 80 GM, a Series 80 LWC and a A-O 1911A1 that all run well.

Clearly, I have a problem.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I am interested in this gun and I have a Colt Series 80 GM, a Series 80 LWC and a A-O 1911A1 that all run well.

No we don’t. If we don’t admit it, it doesn’t exist! Right? Right?!

And I already want the 9mm model…
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter

It clearly sounds like your problem is not having enough 1911s.

I mean do you have a SINGLE 1911 with Novak dovetails? Or a 5" 9mm 1911?

Gonna have to get on that.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Thanks! It’s time for me to revisit the Two World Wars podcast again anyway.
    I never copied down the spring recs for the commander/ officer sized guns so if you do re-visit and come across those, please send them my way.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    It clearly sounds like your problem is not having enough 1911s.

I mean do you have a SINGLE 1911 with Novak dovetails? Or a 5" 9mm 1911?

Gonna have to get on that.
    9mm is covered, got a BHP.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

A new one or older one? I'm looking at one of the new ones, which is about %95 of the way there...the thumb safety is all kinds of wrong, but the rest of it looks right. Basically looking for a copy of an early 1940s Colt 1911A1, and that ticks just about every visual box..again, except for the thumb safety.

And looking online...hmm, the local store that has a couple of them, seems to want an insane price for them, I wonder if I'm looking at the right one..

Site Supporter
    Having shot a few BHPs in my time, I would still humbly suggest you need a government model in 9mm (aka the cheat codes gun).

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    A new one or older one? I'm looking at one of the new ones, which is about %95 of the way there...the thumb safety is all kinds of wrong, but the rest of it looks right. Basically looking for a copy of an early 1940s Colt 1911A1, and that ticks just about every visual box..again, except for the thumb safety.

And looking online...hmm, the local store that has a couple of them, seems to want an insane price for them, I wonder if I'm looking at the right one..
    I don't know how old it is. I bought it used for $400 off GB two years ago. The seller was starting to do a custom build, he had put in an Ed Brown barrel, but then he apparently got cold feet at the idea of doing a full custom gun on an A-O frame.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Having shot a few BHPs in my time, I would still humbly suggest you need a government model in 9mm (aka the cheat codes gun)
    And as to all of the stuff I've read on here over the years about how 9mm 1911s can be problem children because the case is too short (amplified for the .40s) and that if one wants to run a sub-.45 1911, it's best to get a .38 Super? That's not got some truth to it?

User Tag List